This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Does Anyone Remember Shame?
<big>Does Anyone Remember Shame? </big><small>Vulpesnet/Nicholas Trano/</small>

There's a phrase that's always bothered me, when people use it. It's normally reserved for use by conspiracy theorists and crazy fringe political groups... but never has there been a time where this phrase is more true, or more necessary: Wake up America.

I've said before that empires thrive on conquest; halt the food supply and the animal starves. Nations thrive on nationalism. When the populace becomes lazy, when it becomes too comfortable, when it starts to hate itself for its success, that's when they fall. Right now we're witnessing the death of nationalism, and with it our nation.

Less than fifty years ago, if anyone from that time saw what our nation has fallen to now they would be beyond angry. If they saw us allowing the CCD to spread as it is, they would be terrified. We've fallen, people, and fallen far.

Think about what CCD means for a moment--Central Custody of Dominion. It's not the Central Custody of Freedom, or Happiness or Unity or whatever other nice word you could put there. It's Domination. In their very name, they volunteer the truth: They're not here to help, they're here to control as much of the world as they can. The only credit I can give them is for being honest about it.

The problem that we're witnessing however, is that a lot of people are ignoring the simple truth that's staring them in the face. The Europeans were easily seduced when the Ascendancy offered to help them through their economic problems. After all, it only cost them their souls. The American people were not willing to bend the knee, however, and I'm proud of that.

What's worrying is this new generation that's being raised right now. My generation had our parents who lived before the disasters. Kids being born today will only have their grandparents. None of them will remember first hand America the beautiful, the greatest country on Earth. Instead they'll live and work in the wreckage of our dreams. How can we expect them to see the potential we all have? How can anyone be sure that thirty or forty years down the line an American people with far less fortitude won't give up and succumb to tyranny?

We're the last bastion of true freedom on Earth, and we're living on borrowed time. The only people left aside from us who would stand against the world's new evil empire are Australia and China. China has already been softened by a century of totalitarianism, and Australia isn't very large compared to all of Eurasia.

A suicidal lethargy has overtaken us, every single one of us. Too many are satisfied to live on government aid which we can't afford, or drown their sorrows in drugs and alcohol. The American people my parents' generation remembers were innovative, hard working and resourceful. I have no reason to believe that all of you alive today are incapable of those same levels of achievement.

You're probably thinking by now, "Alright, you've told me about all of these problems. How do we get to fixing it?" And the sad truth is, I don't have all the answers. If I did we wouldn't be in this predicament. But I will say this: Overcome that lethargy.

Go to college, invent new things, read, study, research. Found businesses, create jobs. Help your neighbors, serve your community. Contribute to public works projects: build bridges, pave roads. We can't get back to America as we were without everyone lending a hand. Every American should do all they can to put this nation back on track.

The government should not, and God willing will never force you to give your money or your time to others. That doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do. We've been reduced to the lowest level we've ever been since before World War 1. We have a duty to turn it around. In the early 20th century, nobody had any idea that America would soon become the world's greatest superpower.

Now, in the mid 21st century, we could have the same chance.

<em>Published by Vulpesnet, 2045. U.S.A</em>

Comments are: <strong>OPEN</strong>

<small>((Comments are anonymous unless you state your character's name in the time tag: Comment: "NAME" (TIME TIMEZONE) ))</small>

Edited by Nick Trano, Jul 28 2013, 02:59 PM.
Comment: (1:15 am local time)

America may not bend a knee. But they bent over none the less.

Come on, when was the last time this joker laid asphalt? Built a road? Or lent a hand? He's no different than the people he's judging. Ignore him, my fellow citizens.

Nope, Mister Trano is no Saint Teresa--That's right, I didn't sleep through history class everyday. He's sitting around in some nice, air-purified office pounding away at the latest laser keyboard while the rest of the US takes it up the ass. Worse yet, by now he's probably off to sip some wine and get a back rub--and he wouldn't be wrong to do so! I'm sure he's earned a little relaxation! Pulling strings works up a sweat. And he's too pretty for sweat. Well, that kind of sweat anyway.

So overcome your pussiness Americans, live by Tron's example, and go get a back rub.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Freedom is a state of mind. How much freedom exists in a nation devastated by disaster, or whose economy is corrupt, fragile or broken?

The CCD has offered opportunity and purpose to millions of people through their rule and governance. Isn't that also freedom? Freedom from worry? Freedom from insecurity? Freedom from destruction?

This paragon of virtue Mr. Trano espouses does not exist outside of his fantasy and some jingoistic propaganda. The poor, untouchable and destitute of America are no more free than the Serfs of Medieval Europe. They are wage slaves, serving the elite who keep them drunk on patriotism and fear, in order to reap everything they can in their "Survival of the Fittest" Utopia, before discarding them like chaff before the bonfire.

Freedom is a state of mind. Where there is poverty and suffering .... Freedom is warmth, a bed and a piece of bread. Millions worldwide have discovered the truth of this through the benevolence of the CCD.

K. Constantine
Moscow, Dominance I
CCD

Edited by Krasivolkya, Jul 27 2013, 05:34 PM.
Comment: Frank Johnson (2:47 PM EST)

Shit, looks like we've got a lot of Custody Cunts in here today. Wonder what those rebels getting violently put down in the Mid East feel about their freedom to be dominated. But then again, when you're sitting pretty in Moscow or wherever you are, I guess that kind of shit don't matter one bit.

This Trano guy might be some big shot from Aberdeen but hell, at least he's trying to do something. Nobody else is. Take off the drunk goggles and put down the kool aid and maybe you'll notice that the world's pretty fucked up right now and getting dominated by some Russian ain't the way to fix it.
Edited by Nick Trano, Jul 27 2013, 05:46 PM.
Does anyone know any shame indeed, Mr. Trano. When is America going to remember the treaties made to the Indian peoples? We have every right to our property, our land as per federal law, yet the enforcement of said protection is sorely absent. Reservations overrun by displaced civilians, some of them criminals, our water rights ignored, and we have little way to defend ourselves because we chose to honor our terms of the treaty not to organize military forces for our own defense. Enforcement of protection was the federal government's responsibility.

Squatters and opportunists are taking advantage of the lack of attention to the law as applied within America's own borders, taking sometimes by force land belonging to the Indians, and it is shameful. How can a nation stand strong with integrity if it can't right it's own injustices inside? What have you to say about that, Mr. Trano?
Edited by Jon Little Bird, Jul 28 2013, 02:35 AM.