This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sierra Leone Crisis: Red Cross Appeal
Civil War breaks in Sierra Leone
<small>December 2045 | Jennifer Rankin</small>

Following a coup in the Sierra Leone capital of Freetown, including the destruction of the city's main hospital, the country has been declared in a state of civil war. Renowned philanthropist Eleanor Northbrook has reportedly donated in excess of a six figure sum to emergency aid work in the area.

"We're very saddened by these turn of events, and will do everything possible to help the innocent civilian population," she says. "The loss of a hospital at such a time is very concerning."

Ms Northbrook is a staunch advocate of the Red Cross, and the charity has been involved in various health and educational projects throughout the area.

In recent years the discovery of rhodium rich areas in the south has brought unexpected economic boom to the country, but some minority groups are dissatisfied with the distribution of wealth.

It has been nearly fifty years since the last civil war.

Ms Northbrook confirms that the Red Cross will be aiding an appeal. If you wish to donate, you can do so via the Red Cross website

Comments: OPEN
Comment: "cherokeepeoplepeople," 2:35 p.m. EST:

here take all my moneys!!! wait why wont it take my check oh stupid me I'm probably putting it in backwards lolroflhehe wait this is dominos rite?