This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lucky Getaway
How? It was a question Nox never thought to ask. It really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things to him. If it didn't help him kill it, he didn't care to know it. It was the same with his power, he hadn't started exploring some of the more mundane uses. He should probably find someone to teach him a little healing if at all possible. But that was something for later. He had his own things to figure out now anyway.

But how was a good question. He grinned at Lucas, "Well I won't get into the HOW I got here because I'm sure you already know that. But I suspect both Aria and my abilities are genetic. Aria's specifically, and with me and my sister I have to think the same thing."

He waved his hand to dismiss the question, in a round-about sort of way. "Aria would be the one to ask. She studied this shit her whole life. I mean I know the basics of some of them. Rougarou, cannibalistic men, aka where zombies come from, is a genetic mutation that comes to 'life' at maturity. Chupacabras is a virus/parasite thing. Things like Oni or Ijiraq, I have no idea. Born that way too likely. Created long time ago during the God Wars or so they say. But that's the extent of my knowledge. It doesn't help me kill them, what I do know is because it helps me to stay away from them so I don't catch whatever it is. Aria and Aurora have journals you can look through. Aria's can get pretty old, her's is by far the best though, drawings and such, if you like that sort of thing. I like pictures..."
He chuckled at his self-proclaimed stupidity.

Lucas listened to Nox's sort of explanation. He'd ask Aria. If he saw her again. The thought brought back the worry and fear. Suddenly, he didn't care for an explanation. He just hoped she was safe.

"Hmm..."
was all he said to Nox when he was done. Nox wasn't worried about her. But Nox didn't love her like he did. He found himself trying to remember what he could about Ascendancy, the type of man he was. For Lucas, the man had always existed, was always the ruler of their world. For the first time, though, Ascendancy's decisions could reach out and take someone dear to him.

He remembered that first night he met Aria, the sense of pain and overwhelming loneliness. He remembered that electric feeling, that connection that sprang into place. That lump in his throat tightened. He wanted her safe and home.

He had to believe she'd be ok. She was coming home. She was. He needed her to. He wanted to do something for her, to welcome her back. Let her know he missed her. Figuring out what occupied his mind.

The trip was uneventful. He wasn't in a talkative mood. After that first burst, he didn't really say much more to Nox. He wasn't upset with him. He had no reason to be. But suddenly he found himself wishing he had taken the plane. This trip felt interminable.

He wanted to be home.
Lucas hadn't asked anymore questions and Nox was okay with that. He put his ear buds back in and his hood back up over his head and drowned in the music to keep his mind from wandering over things he could have done differently. He tried to focus on the new way of looking at weaves. Holding more than one at a time. How to do it? What did he remember of Ascendancy doing it?

The train ride coasted through station after station and day turned to night several times before they could finally see the skyline of Moscow. Home. It was truly an odd thing to call a place he'd never dreamt of as home. If Aria... No he wouldn't think like that. He knew Aria would be fine.

Nox intended to fix things with Aurora now that he was back. His sister was important to him too. He missed her biting comments and her loving cooking and the way she always made him smile - really smile. There had to be a compromise. But first things first he had to go home, take a shower and have a beer. Maybe he'd even work on more than one weave at a time, he hadn't tried since the first day on the train.