This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Flyers
Their stories were completely the opposite, yet they had the familiar ring to it. 'I didn't know what the hell was going on', was the feeling she got from both of them. Her first time, she couldn't think of it, everything was such a blur. She put her hands to her head as if she had a headache, but her head didn't hurt, it was just a subconscious effort to try to remember things. This man was important, but why? And the one on the phone, he knew her. She sighed. It was about time to meet him maybe find out more about what was going on.

Sebastian helped clear the table. He was a thug and sweet and apparently religious. Aurora laughed. "You thought I was the Virgin Mary."
Aurora giggled at the thought.

Sebastian shrugged and grinned. "Hey, I was hopped up on something. And you have a look about you. I don't know."
He laughed. "Blame the drugs. Clearly you're no virgin!"
And he stuck his tongue out at her, for all the world like a brother.

Aurora laughed and punched him in the shoulder, but it didn't hide the blush that coursed through her cheeks.

Aurora turned and walked back into the kitchen to hide the blushing and the thoughts that were suddenly present in her head. He was cute, and Sebastian reminded her of someone she knew/knows, someone that meant a lot to her. "Damn memories,"
Aurora cursed under her breath. She hoped it was under her breath.

But one memory did stick out then, her first. He was some guy when she was 16, he was dateless to his prom. They'd been staying in town, why she didn't remember, but he asked, she went and well one thing lead to another. And the next morning they left town, as if what she'd done was wrong. It put a bad aura around guys for Aurora, but not enough to stop flirting with them. She grinned as she washed a plate in the sink.

Sebastian suggested going with her to meet her mystery man, Pytor agreed but Aurora wasn't sure how well he could stand up to a person. He looked a bit.... weaselly. He was protection, if it turned out badly and she had the strangest feeling about the mystery man, he was part of the reason for something, something bad had happened, and he was the reason. The feeling nagged at her. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn't shake that feeling. Aurora sighed. "Where would you suggest we meet at? I have his number. But why would you protect me. You don't even know me."

Bas took the card and held it up to read it. His eyes flicked up from the card to Pyotr's and he could see a grin. He laughed and flicked the card at him. "I may have been out of it, but I seem to remember that guy sticking this down your pants there, pretty boy."
He smirked at Aurora then looked back at Pyotr. "The only real question is whether you impressed him or not."

He then laughed and clapped Pyotr on the shoulder to show it was all in good fun.

His little quip to Aurora about being a virgin came out before he could think and he was about to apologize when she playfully punched him on the shoulder. She got up and went to the kitchen but he thought he saw a bit of red on her cheeks. It was cute. Her embarrassment, not the state of her virginity.

But when she came back she sighed and asked where they could even go for a meeting with her mystery guy. And why they wanted to help.

He didn't know why, exactly, but she felt like a little sister. Not just cuz she was smaller than him. He really couldn't explain it except there it was. "Honestly, I don't know why, exactly, Aurora. Just feels like something I should do. If you don't mind, that is."

Whether she minded or not, he was gonna make sure it was ok. Long and short of it. As to where..."But we can meet at the Kremlin. I can guarantee you it'll be safe. No question."
The looks on their faces were everything he'd hoped for. But they'd learn what he meant. Be fun to see their reaction.
For some strange reason she didn't mind, him nor Pytor, but this was the second time someone had offered their assistance. Why not she had helped him. She sat down at the table and sighed. "Tomorrow at 8pm good for you?"
After they nodded. There was little left but to do. She put her hand on Sebastian's and felt the power consume her. It helped ease her fear, the comfort of its embrace. She saw the men visibly shiver at the power. It made her curious, but she said nothing.

Aurora took a deep breath. "I should call him back now, or I'll lose my nerve."
She took out her phone and stared at the number that was the only one she could read.

She dialed the number, it rang once before someone picked up. "Got a new phone. Call me here - 0374 1925701"

Aurora sighed. "Changed his number."
She got up and grabbed a pen and paper from the counter in the kitchen. "He left his new one."
Aurora called again and wrote down the number. It went from American to something European. She wondered about it.

She typed it into her wallet under mystery and called. It rang several times, she was about to hang up with he answered. "Aurora?"

She took a deep breath. "Yeah. I want to met, I won't skip out this time. The Kremlin tomorrow at 8."
She rattled off the address before she hung up. It was done, she'd called. Her heart raced, she felt light headed. She was crazy for doing this. Yet two strange men sat in her apartment. What about this man scared her?

She looked up at Sebastian, "So what type of place are you taking me?"
She was mostly asking about attire, she didn't want to wear anything inappropriate nor did she want to wear anything that might attract too much attention.
Pyotr laughed at Bas's reaction and as Aurora left he noticed her blush at a comment Bas had made. Pyotr retrieved the card and would throw it away when he got home. The suggestion for 8:00 PM the next day was made, and Pyotr was fine with it. He was reminded that he was supposed to be meeting with Michelle tonight - he had an idea that it wouldn't be a fun talk.

The Kremlin was an odd choice. Did Bas want Ascendancy to bless the meeting or something? It didn't really matter to Pyotr. Pyotr was fine, but while she made the call, he spoke to Bas quietly.

"Are you okay, you've been a little different today?"
Pyotr touched Bas's shoulder as he did.

He really did care, but it gave Pyotr the added bonus of not thinking about Michelle and what they were going to discuss tonight.
Bas looked down at her hand on his and then felt that chill again. He wondered at that.

She got up to use the phone and Pyotr leaned in to ask him if he was ok. "I'm good man. All good."
He did feel good, back to his old self even. His mind went back to the Kallistis and he thought about the girls he saw, the deals he'd knocked out with Mik, the cool night on the street before everything got weird.

Truth was, he was feeling frisky, like maybe lookin for a bit of trouble or something. A fight, some laughing with buddies, and maybe a girl or three to kiss. He smiled. They had time. He had to call Roman and check in. Then he'd be free. If Aurora and Pyotr wanted to come, that'd be cool.

She came back and asked him about the place they were going. "It's called Kremlinichka- little Kremlin. It's a...lounge that me and my friends frequent.
He laughed to himself. "They, uh, are very...private people. Whoever this guy is, if he starts anything, well, let's just say that it will go badly for him."
He looked at her and gave her his best grin. "Completely aside from what I will do to him, sweety'"

He pulled out his wallet and as he keyed Roman he went on "Let me check in with my boss."
A thought occurred to him and he paused. "Seize your power again Aurora. Please."
Private people. That mean criminals and thugs and people of not so savory in nature. Aurora wasn't stupid. But she had a feeling it was the perfect crowd. Not that John would have been a bad body guard, but she was pretty sure John was just a normal man, here she had two men who could fling fire and air at her mystery man if he became an issue. Or any of those other unsavory folks.

Sebastian started to call his boss then stopped and asked her a very weird request. She grinned at him. Aurora let go of the glorious power, only to grab it again. "Okay. Done."
She was curious as to what game he was playing at.
Bas said he was okay, and it seemed like he was returning to himself. The way he acted around Aurora was still strange to him, but his request to Aurora caught his attention. Bas had noticed something and wanted to try it out.

Pyotr felt the chill disappear and reappear. He shivered again as a knowing look came into his eyes. They could tell when she was using power!

"Did you feel that Bas - right as she used power."

Pyotr wondered if it worked both ways. Pyotr called his power. "Aurora, I just seized my power. Do you feel anything?"

When she did it, it was different than when Bas did. He wondered what kind of reaction he would get from Aurora.

Edited by Pyotr Grigory, Nov 13 2014, 04:41 PM.
Bas felt the goosebumps on his arm go away. Then they returned just as she said she'd seized the power. Pyotr notice it too and understood.

Then it was Pyotr's turn to seize the power to see if Aurora could tell. Bas certainly could. Truth was, it bothered him. Oh, he trusted Pyotr. He did. But still...it was like being seated while everyone else was standing. It just made him uncomfortable.

He prayed and then grabbed at the power, wrestled it. It felt exhilarating as he pulled as much into him as possible. He felt full to the point of nearly bursting. The euphoria and sensations he felt started to cross the line now, started to feel like pain. That was new. Then again, he'd never done that before. He slackened his grip and let some of the power go until the shadow of pain disappeared.

Another thing, though. He could sense Pyotr's strength. It was far lower than his own. It made sense, he supposed, given the kind of guy Pyotr was. Interesting.

He remembered Nox's weave of a whip of fire and decided he wanted to try it. He didn't really remember how it was done, but decided to wing it. It was just his way. He wasn't much of a deep thinker, really. Instinctively he wove very thing threads of fire so that they extended outwardly from his hand. But they didn't braid together like he wanted. Instead all writhed and squirmed independently. He couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong.

That's when his sense picked up the smell of smoke and he looked down at the ratty carpet. It was smoking and melting where the strands of fire were.

"Ooops!"
he said with a grin and quickly let the weave go. The room was now filled with the smell of burnt and melted carpet. He kind of chuckled. "Sorry about that. I know a guy who can make a whip out of fire. Guess I'll have to get him to show me how."

After a moment, he put a weave of water on the carpet and now wet carpet joined the odors, making it worse. "Hmm....I'm really good at this, huh,"
he said with a laugh. "Have anything else you want me to ruin for you?"
He felt kinda bad, though this place was a hole, really. It hadn't smelled that great to begin with.

He gave her an innocent look and said, "You were planning on moving right? This is no place for a sweet girl like you. I know where I can find you a better place than this."
Pyotr grabbed his power and Aurora couldn't feel anything or see anything, but for some reason that didn't surprise her. As a matter of fact nothing was surprising at this moment about any of this. Men with the power, they felt her submit to her power, the fact that she felt nothing. Nothing seemed uncommon to her and she wasn't exactly sure why.

And just as suddenly as she'd grabbed the power, there was a burning smell throughout her apartment. She looked down at the singed carpet with a grin. It made her smile, a memory slid into place. She'd done the same thing inside, the first time she'd try to make something with fire. The memory was fleeting, but the image remained of the glowing fiery whip the crackled in the air but she didn't do it.

Aurora grinned at Sebastian. "Me too, I think. But I've done the same thing as you did, except it was a floor of leaves. Only slightly better than the carpet."
She laughed.

Sebastian told her he could find her a better place than this. She smiled, "I'm sure there are a lot better places than this. Though I'm open to options. I was here hiding. People have been following me and I was hiding from the stranger on the phone."
She wasn't worried about the people following her, not really. She'd not done anything bizarre or woven any nets while they'd been around. Though it made her worry about the flame she'd shown. They had been in the dining room and there really were no line of sight windows near by, she was sure they were safe. "Moving is always a good thing. I don't think I've stayed in any one place this long for as long as I can remember."
Aurora grinned, which really wasn't all that long in the grand scheme of things. Damn memory!
Aurora had no reaction to him grabbing the power. It seemed as if they could detect her, but she couldn't detect them. That was good to know. Pyotr tucked that information away for future reference - maybe something to tell Marcus.

Bas made the whip of fire Nox had made and well - it didn't work quite as well as it did with Nox and Pyotr laughed despite the burned carpet smell.

Pyotr stayed out of the conversation about moving. He really had nothing to say on the subject. He'd lived pretty much in the same place his whole life - only move was when he left his parent's place at eighteen. Even then, he didn't move far away. Her last comment made Pyotr wonder why she had moved around a lot, but he kept it to himself.

Bas seemed to be relaxing a bit, and it made Pyotr content. He had been worried for awhile and decided just to let Bas and Aurora talk and if they had anything to say to him or if he felt something to add, he would join in.