This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
It was like a series of mishaps for Nox. If any had been lethel he could have died, but the ball of air didn't hurt him just spun him off balance, the water dropped down on his head and Aurora laughed, she looked to Pytor who was ... checking out her brother. Oh how fun. Though she didn't want to embarrass him, but Nox on the other hand, well that was going to be a blast to watching him squirm.

Aurora turned back just as Nox retaliated, the air he threw at all three of them pushed her back a few steps before she got up her own wall of air. Almost as abruptly as it had started it ended with Bas exclaiming, "Did you see that?"

Aurora shook her head. "I saw something, but not what you saw."
She grinned playfully at the boys. Nox sitting and staring at Sebastian, like he was dumb founded. His breathing was labored, his chest rose and fell like he'd been running a marathon. She wondered how much he had used the power before, with his Aria. Why he'd use his power in front of another Atharim,, new memories flooded in, and Aurora had a vague idea of what Nox really had wanted to talk about, even knowing she was a monster too, that was asking for trouble. Aurora still wasn't sure what she thought of the two of them, she was jealous, she knew that much. But for now it kept him happy, but she was back in his life now, that had to mean something now.

Aurora started towards her brother, an evil grin on her face, nothing better to make yourself feel better than to play games with your little brother. Aurora walked straight into a wall of air. She bounced back a few steps. Aurora put her hand on the shield of air and started walking around to the other side, except there was no other side, no end, he'd made it to encompass him. "But you, had two weaves at the same time..."
Aurora was so very confused now.

Edited by Aurora, Dec 12 2014, 12:29 PM.
Bas was hitting his weaves, trying to lessen the threat, and then he did the weirdest thing, he slashed at his weaves and it started to shread, Giovanni had done the same thing to his shield that fateful night. The night his world came into focus, or at least started to.

The loss of the weave had Nox staring at Bas, Nox was at a loss, he didn't know what to think of that, the power slipped from his grasp and he saw the still shimmering dome around him. Nox could feel his heart pounding, his skin was slick with sweat and steam from Bas, not to mention the water that fell on him. He looked down and saw his clothes were dripping wet. His clothes stuck to his body, his hair dripped in his eyes. Nox ran a hand through his hair as Aurora bounced from the barrier that was still around him.

He grinned at his sister from the floor, his eyes followed her as she walked around the dome. He wondered why it was still there. But one problem at a time, Nox pulled his shirt over his head and started to tossed it at Aurora who was staring at him with an evil grin. He hated that grin. She knelt down and whispered, "My dear little brother you have an audience."
Her eyes flicked in the direction of his friends.

It took Nox a few moments before he remembered who she was referring to. He closed his eyes and fell backwards and laid down on the cold wet concrete floor, his shirt still in his hand. Pyotr liked guys, Nox hoped neither of his friends saw the blush that crept up. It wasn't like it's not ordinary to be oggled by girls, but a guy, that made him squeamish. Aurora stood up and laughed that I finally got my little brother back for all the horrible things he's done to me laugh. He'd heard it only a few times in his adult life. He didn't embarrass easily.

Nox wanted to hide, but hard to hide when your friends are standing tens of feet away, so he did the only thing he could do, he sucked it up and put on a happy grin and tossed his shirt at his sister. It crashed into the dome of air with a splat and stuck hanging in mid air. He smiled.

Nox tried to grab the power, but it eluded him. He sighed. Well fuck now. He tried again and he knew he was stuck. Only thing he had left to do was study what he'd done in haste. Maybe he could replicate it. It would be easier if he could grasp the power. He sat up and looked over at Bas. "Maybe you can do that again, at the wall of air, this time I'll ya know pay attention."

Edited by Nox, Dec 12 2014, 02:13 PM.
Everyone seemed to be smiling with excitement or whatever. Aurora started teasing Nox and walked directly into his dome. Bas couldn't help but laugh as she bounced off it.

While he did, he noticed that Nox had let the power go. Yet the dome had remained. Now that really was something! The weave had remained. Nox was sitting on the floor panting.

Aurora whispered something to Nox and then something made Bas look to Pyotr. The look he saw there had him busting out laughing. He prayed and seized the power and gave Pyotr's a friendly soft shove. "Careful man. You can't look at a bro like that. Not and still be bros."

Not that he had any issues with Pyotr liking dudes. That was just how a person was. He remembered Michelle and amended his thoughts. Liked dudes and chicks.

But once someone was in your inner circle, you couldn't look at them like that. It was like Aurora. He knew she was hot. And if he was objective he'd admit that she had a slammin body. More than slammin, really. But somehow she was in a place in his head where a sister might go. Or maybe an aunt. He wasn't sure. But definitely not a place where he'd be checking out her ass when she bent over or anything. It just felt weird.

Nox took his shirt off and threw it at the dome before lying down and it stuck to the side before beginning to slide down slowly. He frowned for a moment- apparently trying to get rid of the dome- before asking Bas to get rid of it.

Bas smiled. "Hmmm....I'm not sure man. Be kinda funny to leave you stuck in there. How's the air? Got enough?"
He was smirking at Nox. He wouldn't really leave him there.

Nox laughed and flipped him off. "Fuck you!"

Bas opened his mouth and laughed at him, raising both hands as if to say, 'bring it'. "Haaaa! Pretty tough talk from a guy who locked himself inside dome."
But he walked over and looked at the dome for a moment and then made a....blade, he guessed it could be called, of spirit and brought it to the dome slowly.

He could see the threads of the dome clearly, including the knot. He looked at it, trying to make sure he memorized it. Then brought the blade closer and saw the threads the blade touched cut, bouncing back like they had been pulled from both ends. They disintegrated now that they were cut.

That was seriously cool. He pressed further and could see thread after thread cut and disappear. Satisfied he understood it, he slashed at the dome and the whole thing collapsed. Nox's shirt fell to the ground with a wet splat.

He looked at the blade floating before him. That was going to be useful. It was good to have a whole bunch of tricks up your sleeve. You never knew when you might need them. Idly, he wondered if it would work for Aurora's weaves. Turning to her, he asked, "Hey, send a steady stream of air my way like Nox was. I wanna see if it works for women too."

Edited by Sebastian, Dec 12 2014, 03:32 PM.
Boa dropped the power and the dome remained. That was a neat trick. Pyotr wondered if Nox would show him.

Then Nox took his shirt off and Pyotr stared and blinked. Bas drove his thoughts away by speaking to him. "Careful man. You can't look at a bro like that. Not and still be bros."

Pyotr could feel his cheeks flush. He knew Nox wouldn't be interested and he wouldn't habe tried, but Pyotr still felt some guilt at that. He hoped Nox hadn't moticed and was weirded out by it. It wasn'that he meant snubbing by looking, but he knewhe probably should.have controlled himself.

Bas approached and slicex through Nox's dome. That was a cool trick too. Pyotr might have go practice that. He still had aa lot to learn and knew it. He watched as Bas asked Aurora to send something at him. Bas was foing to try to deflect something he couldn't see. It worried Pyotr but he doubted Aurora would hurt him. Pyotr stood by watching to see the results and keeping his eyes off of Nox.

Edited by Pyotr Grigory, Dec 14 2014, 11:27 PM.
Nox watched as Bas beat at the dome of air with a sword of spirit. Giovanni had used spikes of some sort, he had to assume spirit as well. But there was a difference, this time Nox was paying attention, he also knew what he was going now unlike when he met Giovanni.

He'd love to meet Giovanni again. That could be a very fun and very different encounter. Nox remembered what he was, who he was. Soon he have the tattoo to prove it. It was amazing. Not that the Atharim didn't have their issues.

Nox stood up and walked over to his dripping wet shirt that was now lying on the floor. He didn't look at anyone specific as he held it up to inspect, he sighed as he failed to grab the power. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular " It's damn cold."
The chill of the air was starting to seep into his bones, it probably had something to do with Pyotr but Nox wasn't going to let that bother him. It was after all just innocent looking. It's not like he did more than that. "Anyone know how to dry this, I would but I can't touch the power. "

It was probably a stupid thing to say after what Bas had asked Aurora to do. A stream of air came bustling at him, his shirt flapping in the wind and he turned to glare at his sister. "I didn't mean like that."
She grinned back at him, she was having a royal time of making fun of him today. He smiled happily, he'd missed it, very much.
Aurora was a little confused as to what was going on. But Nox was clearly free from the dome that he'd erected around himself like a bubble of protection, that apparently didn't require his attention to hold it up. He looked tired, Aurora could see it in his eyes. He was still very Nox, but the face he put on was not the Nox who could power through anything. It made her wonder even more about this girl Aria he was hanging out with.

Bas made a request which Nox followed by another slightly more innocent one. She grinned. And fulfilled both of their requests at the same time. She wove a blast of air, similar to what Nox had done early, she made it wide enough to cover both Nox and Bas at the same time.

Nox's shirt flapped in the wind like some flag waving his surrender. It was funny when he glared at her. She had no choice but to grin back at him. She could feel the power drain from her, it was a lot of work keeping the simple weave moving. No wonder Nox was tired. Aurora could feel her body weaken. It seemed like a muscle that hadn't been stretched, or had been unused too long, and from the looks of Nox's abilities it probably was.

Come to think of it he looked frailer than usual, his walk was tender. He was thinner yet not. Replaced with lean muscle. Aurora wondered what had happened to him after he was sucked out of the plane. It seemed they had a lot of talking to do, and he wanted to do it sooner rather than later, and she'd shut him down. She sighed, the power fading, whatever Bas was going to do he'd have to do it soon, the power threatened to slip from her fingers.
Nox picked up his shirt but it seemed that he was through with the power, at least for the time being. Well, he had been on the receiving end of a bunch of attacks, after all.

His request for drying was met with a laugh from Aurora and she blasted both of them with air. Bas wasted no time in crafting the sharpened blade of spirit but the paused. He wasn't sure where to cut. It wasn't like he could see the weaves emanating from Aurora after all.

He looked at her and she looked tired too. She had been up late with him after all. He smiled at her. She was so very sweet to him. He was glad she had come to his aid. He liked the idea of having a sister. But whatever he was gonna do, he'd better do quickly.

Shrugging to himself, he decided to strike right in between the wind and Aurora, figuring that's where the weaves would be. Immediately, the wind stopped.

He laughed and let the power go. To everyone he announced, "Awesome! So check this out. You can cut a weave with sharpened spirit. Keep that one in your back pocket. I'm guessing that might come in handy."
He looked at Nox and Auroroa and Pyotr. Everyone looked tired, including himself. Tired enough, anyway. He still had a visit to make that night and he didn't want to be too tuckered out. Alex liked it when he held the power. Made him a mystery to her or whatever. Course he enjoyed it for other reasons entirely.

"Now that was fun. We have to do that again!"
A part of him wanted to go up against someone for reals. See how he'd do then. He'd bet the rush would be as good, if not better, than when he fought someone physically. And the afterwards too.

"I should probably head out. You both good with this place?"
He figured they would be. He turned to Pyotr. "You need a ride?"
Things were calming down and Pyotr was tired. It had been a long day - a long couple of days to be more specific. Going home and sleeping sounded like a wonderful thing.

Bas was leaving and offered Pyotr a ride which he would be grateful for. He moved towards Bas. "That would be appreciated. Thanks."

Pyotr turned towards Nox and Aurora. "Have a good night guys. I'm glad you found each other again."
He made sure not to glance for two long at either of them.

He shook both of their hands and as he left, he yawned. Hanging out with Bas and Nox was always an adventure. He was definitely glad he decided eventually to join in.
Aurora felt the power drain from her, it was tiring using a constant stream, it was no wonder Nox couldn't grasp his. Tired mind meant no power, they'd learned that, it had been a struggle. She had glimpses of memories pass but it was nothing really vivid.

And then Bas did something, she couldn't see it, but she could see and feel the weaves breaking and dying until it was completely gone. She stared at him, just has Nox had.

It wasn't until he had said in his usual manner what he'd did that she understood, and wondered if it would work the same way. Before she let the power go she dried Nox's shirt completely, leaving a puddle on the floor.

Bas had plans, Aurora frowned, she remembered what he'd said she might have to ask Nox about the lady he was going to see, he seemed to know her.

Pytor caught a ride with Bas. Aurora walked them to the door. They would have to do this again. This was home. Why on earth was she thinking that? This wasn't home, it was temporary? But Nox didn't seem like he was going anywhere. They had a lot to talk about.

Aurora shut the door behind their friends, and turned to see Nox grinning at her with his shirt on. She walked over to her brother and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug, she had missed him, despite calling him little brother he was not little, still skinny as when they were kids, but he'd changed since her last memory of him.

She let go of him, "What happened after you fell out of the plane, Nox? Who's Aria? What do we have to talk about? Why aren't we going home? You act like this is home now. So many questions I don't know where to start."
His shirt was dry, and there was a puddle on the ground from the water. He grinned at his sister as she played hostess, she was good at it. She turned around and hugged him tightly, he wrapped his arms around her and put his check against the top of her head. He'd missed her.

She let go and the questions flew. "What happened after you fell out of the plane, Nox? Who's Aria? What do we have to talk about? Why aren't we going home? You act like this is home now. So many questions I don't know where to start."

Aurora sat down on the palette and looked up at him. Nox joined her. It was going to be a pretty long discussion if it went anything like the talks he'd already had with Aria. And he knew that there would be many more like this in the future.

Nox grinned at his sister. "Slow down, Aurora. There is plenty of time to go over this."

Aurora punched him in the shoulder, "Come on, tell me."

Nox laughed. "I woke up in the hospital, a few weeks after they found me. I was in a full body cast, broke nearly every bone in my body. Was laid up for months, and then a few more while they watched me. I didn't know who I was, and my wallet gave me very little information other than numbers on my phone."

Aurora nodded, "How did you remember?"

"I started remembering things when I met this guy. He was showing off to some woman, and he was using his power. We got in a fight, it hurt."
Nox laughed. "I was newly released from the hospital, I was still all sorts of sore, but I found out what I was that night. I got more answers when I met Aria."

Aurora interrupted, "Aria. You've mentioned her before. Why did she help you? Who is she? Why are you hanging out with her."

Nox glared at his sister, she was being jealous of a person she had no clue who was. He was beginning to remember why they fought so much. He took a deep breath. "Aria ran into me in the tunnels, I was practicing, monsters attacked, she saved my life many times during that fight. Because of that fight, she knew what I was and who I was wasn't hard to find out for her."

He stood up and started pacing. "You don't remember what we were either, I take it. We are Atharim hunters, Aria is too. She showed the file they had on me. She read about missions."
Nox stopped and turned away from his sister, tears welled up in his eyes and he fought away the pain. "She told me how Mom died, she showed me the report. I had relived that moment during the fight with the monsters."
His voice cracked with the sorrow. "She told me it was okay, that there was nothing I could do. She told me about you. I'd been dreaming about you for weeks. I called you."
The anger was there in his voice. "You weren't there when we got there. So Aria took me to the Atharim headquarters and I became a full fledged member. It's why we are here in Moscow."

Nox walked away from Aurora and when he was a few feet from the door he turned around and sighed. "And this."
He waved his hands around his body, indicating all of this, the place, him, Moscow, "Is home because I've never had a bed of my own, a place to hunt without having to scrap for a living. Because I've friends, something I've never had before. Aurora, I'm not going anywhere. The Atharim here is much different than the States. I can have a home."
He stood staring at her, waiting.

Edited by Nox, Dec 17 2014, 12:36 PM.