This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Combing the Grid
Giovanni awoke with the sun streaming through the windows just as the door shut. It seemed someone had left. Giovanni sat up and rubbed his eyes. He felt no more rested than he had before.

Hearing some sounds in the kitchen, Giovanni stood and headed there. Jensen was there and an open bible sat upon the island. Giovanni approached the man.

"Thanks for your hospitality, I'm afraid I should probably leave though,"
Giovanni said stifling a yawn.

Not sure what else to say, Giovanni waited for a moment before continuing, "also thanks for your help with...the monster. I'm sure you have things to do, so I'll leave you to it. Have a good day and hope to see you again."

Giovanni was surprised that he meant it. It was nice to have a friend. He gave Jensen a nod and turned to leave the apartment.
Jensen offered to shake Giovanni's hand as well. "It was nothing, but thank you for intervening. It was a strange sensation, when it came upon me. I'd not inflict that on anyone."

He showed the Italian to the door, which was really only a few steps. The emptiness seemed all the colder after he left. Jensen turned in his surroundings, frowning at the void and still fresh memories of the strange night. Thanks for help with the monster, the phrase was surreal, and certainly not a combination of words he ever thought to share in conversation.

He spent some time quietly tidying the couch, dishes and bathroom. The bed covers he shook out until they lay smooth and undisturbed. Finally, when there was literally nothing else to do and he could procrastinate no further, he laid down himself. A guilt crept over him, one he feared was waiting. It stayed with him all the while until he promised himself to return to his old building and find what lurked in the basement, only then did he drift asleep, scared to death, but mentally released by the resolution.