This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

It's Time
Early Winter, 2046

[Image: Announcement-e1721437435290.jpg]

Six months since Texas left the United States.

Updates from Evelyn informed him that the federal government was in chaos. Lawsuits were filed back and forth, largely ignored by Texas, whose borders with adjacent states were closed. Simultaneously, the border between Texas and Mexico became quite fluid, and intelligence suggested that Jessika Thrice and Damien Oakland were seen together multiple times. He would soon have a new update for Evelyn.

Nikolai leaned back in his chair, fingers drumming a victorious rhythm on the armrest.

The secure line connected and the de facto president of Mexico appeared on the screen, his rugged features illuminated by the dim light of his office. It was around 9 pm local time.

"Damien," Nikolai greeted, his voice a blend of camaraderie and command. A flicker of tension passed between them, a silent acknowledgment of a tenuous alliance. “It's time."

"Mexico is ready," Damien responded, his tone confident and not dissuaded by the presence of the Ascendancy, “The border situation is under control. All the cartels are accounted for. I’ve spoken with the leaders of our southerly brethren, and I have no doubt that left alone between Dominance VIII and Dominance IX, they will join you in days."

Nikolai’s eyes gleamed. "Then it's settled. Make the announcement.” Damien nodded in acknowledgement, but he showed no other deference as the call ended.

Damien’s image vanished, replaced by the blank screen, and Nikolai allowed himself a moment of satisfaction. His plan, months in the making, was unfolding with impeccable precision. He turned his chair to gaze out over the Kremlin grounds, contemplating the significance of this moment.

Next, he initiated another secure video call, this time, Jessika Thrice’s face appeared on the screen, her expression a mix of ambition and barely contained excitement.

"Consider it done, Ascendancy,” Jessika said in her upbeat, Texas drawl, eyes gleaming. "Texas is yours. As agreed, I expect my new title will be formalized posthaste."

"Of course,” Nikolai replied smoothly, a smile tugging at his lips. "Are you ready for your triumphant arrival to Moscow, Privilege?"

Her lips twisted into a proud smile, “Yes I am. I will be there as soon as you summon me.”

The call ended, leaving Nikolai alone with his thoughts. A triumphant elixir of power surged as he exhaled with relief. Texas and Mexico, united under the CCD’s banner, were just the beginning. Central America would fall like dominos, each state a stepping stone in his grand design. This was the beginning of the end of the USA.

He rose, his silhouette casting long shadows by the rising sun. He had orchestrated every detail, manipulated every player. From the fall of the most powerful cartel in central America, the Amengual Cartel, to create a power vacuum that would follow to usher in the era of Damien Oakland, to giving Jessika Thrice, Governor of Texas, exactly what she wanted in exchange for her loyalty. The chaos in the United States, the cessation of Texas, the strategic positioning of Jessika and Damien—it had all been part of his master plan.

With a final glance out the window, the earliest staffers were beginning to arrive, but before they did, Nikolai summoned the image of a grand map adorning his office wall. His fingers traced the new borders, the territories soon to be under his control. He imagined the announcement, the shockwaves it would send through the global community, the inevitable submission of the remaining Central American states and the final fall of America.

The corners of his mouth curled into a cold, satisfied smile. The world would soon witness the completion of an empire, his empire. And nothing would stand in his way.