This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Counseling
Dr. Pirozzi arrived and signaled for Calvin to follow her. He knew he was early and she had to find some things before they got started. Calvin sat down across from desk, trying to make himself seem smaller. He didn't remove his coat like she had. It made him feel a little more secure. He kept silent - truthfully unsure of what to say. His whole mind was a haze of emotions that he had to wade though and silence was just easier.

"So tell me, Mr. Johnson, what is it that brings you to my office today?"

The question was simple enough. Calvin had thought it would be the first thing she would bring up as well, but why was it so hard to answer. He was having trouble not thinking about the bottle. The emotions made him hurt - mentally and physically. He could feel a tightness in his chest that was uncomfortable. All of it made it hard to come up with the words to say in a way that made sense. He was nervous, scared, and confused as he tried to tell her why he had come.

"Ummm...my boss and coworkers and friends are concerned - think I need help."
Calvin finally said. "I think I do too maybe. I drink a lot - do other things too - so it doesn't hurt anymore. I feel lots of emotions at once - like I'm angry, sad, guilty, nervous, and scared at the same time. It's overwhelming, and I don't know what to do. The drinking used to make the pain go away, but it doesn't anymore. I just don't want to hurt anymore."

As he started talking the words came out. He was unaware of whether or not what he said made any sense. He felt like he wanted to cry again, but didn't feel like that was allowed - or maybe that he'd be embarrassed by it. It added to the confusion nonetheless. "Sorry, Dr., it's hard to think clearly right now. I feel like my brains all foggy."
He really hoped he wasn't wasting her time. It made him feel guilty too.

Edited by Calvin, Jan 6 2015, 12:48 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-05-2015, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 01-05-2015, 01:26 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-06-2015, 12:47 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 01-06-2015, 01:35 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-07-2015, 01:26 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 01-07-2015, 01:28 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-08-2015, 03:04 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 01-08-2015, 04:45 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-08-2015, 04:54 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 01-08-2015, 05:11 PM