This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vague Truths
A woman walked in, and took in the scene. She exuded confidence, Father Store gave off relief, he'd been saved. If the woman had not been standing there she'd have kicked him despite her prior conviction not to. Before shutting the door behind her she asked for an explanation. Aria turned to her, the smile no longer on her face.

Aria heard Father Stone scrabble away from her. He started stammering. Aria turned her gaze to him and his mouth stopped moving. He stared at her. She smiled back with a new found glee that rolled off her like everything else.

Aria searched the surroundings for emotions that could be used to be presented as her own. She looked for a calm, peaceful person, someone who was happy with the world. She didn't care, but the world didn't have to know that. The pain and suffering of the world around her was far more intoxicating, but the necessity of seeming normal was greater.

Somewhere with in the halls of the Atharim, a man worked, he was exhilarated by life, Aria didn't care why, but she took hold of that emotion and calmed herself, the darkness faded from her eyes and she gripped a reality that was no longer hers. Faking emotions was easy, it had always been easy to put on a happy face when the world wanted nothing more than to make her suffer.

An explanation was warranted, but Aria didn't wish to hear the lies spew from Father Stone's mouth. Aria turned back to the woman and smiled, it didn't reach her eyes, but it was a genuine as it was going to be. "I was explaining the circumstances of my late arrival to Father Stone. He thought it unwise of me to retrieve the evidence of monsters from a rather rude reporter who stumbled up on a kill I was cleaning up. I called for assistance, to which he is angry."
Aria left out the fact that he'd struck her twice. But she wiped the blood from the corner of her mouth with the back of her hand. She hadn't provoked the first, the second one she expected.

Father Stone's composure had returned, he no longer looked frightened, to which Aria was saddened by, her influence had not lasted very long. He straightened his coat, he felt superior to the women before him. Aria pulled the thrill of the other man's life closer to heart. She wanted to be angry, she wanted him to cower.

He sat down in his chair. "This child," he spat out the word like it tasted foul. " has come here on wings, expects things as did her former superior. I will not be treated like I do not know how to do my job." He opened a folder that was clearly Aria's record. "She's lead a sheltered life, always under someone's thumb, until I let her free. " He smiled as if he had done something no one else could do. Aria's gut wrenched, but she held firm to the jubulence of that other man's life. "She's taken out and Ijiraq. But she cannot clean up her own mess. She's killed a dranaika, and yet she still cannot clean up her own mess. Surely this does not behoove punishment."

Aria's fury was hidden behind the veil of the other man's emotions, but the coldness in her voice did not dissipate. "I DID NOT kill the dranaika. I found it like that. I cannot under any circumstances beat the foresight of a dranaika alone. Something far more dangerous left her to be found."
Aria knew exactly who, not what, had done the damage, but she was not about to let them know that a god roamed free and she knew exactly who he was, and could have killed him.

Aria flipped the holograph recording on. Takeo bounding away like the ninja he was, and Aria standing holding the knife in her hand. It wasn't the complete truth and Aria wondered if they were going to ask who the man was. His face was not shown and who would believe her that she had been talking to a Privilege anyway.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 05-26-2014, 11:29 AM
[No subject] - by Tehya - 06-04-2014, 04:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
[No subject] - by Tehya - 06-08-2014, 08:34 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 06-08-2014, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Tehya - 06-11-2014, 11:52 AM
[No subject] - by Tehya - 06-11-2014, 01:51 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 06-11-2014, 03:02 PM
[No subject] - by Tehya - 06-19-2014, 01:45 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
[No subject] - by Tehya - 06-23-2014, 07:32 AM