This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Seeker
Connor listened to Michael's explanation and felt the familiar sadness wash over him. He could have learned. He clenched his jaw. He was not going to go through this again. Instead, he focused on the fact that the Atharim had created this world. They had made it so kids like Hayden had to struggle with suddenly having touched a great power and trying to figure out how to deal with that.

Michael finished. There really wasn't anything Connor could say to that. He kind of shook his head and took a deep breath, trying to bring his simmering anger under control. He was playing with the label on the now empty bottle. His eyes lighted on a TV screen in the corner. The news was on. The marquee on the bottom scrolled by and he watched it for a moment, trying to collect himself. Absently, he noted the discovery of another dead girl. Seemed like kids were always dying. There was always something out there to prey on their children. In a quiet and tight voice he said, "I hope you can use that list. I hope you use it to...I don't know, do something. Make the world safe for other kids."
He stifled his memories. "Nobody should have to go through that, to see their child die."

There really wasn't much else to say. He stood up and puts some bills down on the table. "Well, I guess I should be going. Good luck to you. And thank you."
He nodded to the man and then stuck out his hand. "Thank you."

After a few more words, he walked out into the cold afternoon sun. He felt lighter, freer. He'd done something. What, he wasn't exactly sure of. But something anyway.

<small>[[continued in Concerning the Meaning of Dreams]]
</small>

Edited by Connor Kent, Aug 27 2014, 04:05 PM.