This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Fine Line
"My friend needed help. We needed to help, to save some kids. How did you know? Did you follow me?"
Connor looked pained and confused. Ayden couldn't look up at him anymore. She walked around him and sat down at the table putting the envelop and keys in front of her with both hands on top, like she was holding on for dear life. And in a way she was.

"Not exactly."
Ayden took a deep breath. "I was hired to kill a man. When you left, I followed him. He lead me a building, he sat outside and was watching. The building didn't matter until after I had taken out my mark.

I looked up and I saw you and the man chasing you. He was about to shoot you. I reloaded as quickly as I could. I took aim and fired.

You moved. I watched as the bullet pierced your back and land in the man who had been behind you. He saw me and fired in my direction.

I watched you fall as I loaded again. I killed him.

I went to you. I tried to help, but I didn't remember how I did it before. I couldn't fix you. I tried. But the power welled up inside me. It burnt, it fed on the anger and guilt.

I brought the building down, in fire. I couldn't stay. I left in fear. I didn't want you to see me. I didn't want your friends to find me. Hiding is.... no was my life."

Ayden took a deep breath and looked up at Connor.

"I watched from a distance, your friend, did what I couldn't."
She wanted to cry, but she held back the tears. But there was nothing more she could say. Ayden worried what he'd say. What he'd do. But it didn't really matter. It was done, she had more to say, much more. But that had to sink in. Ayden prayed he'd listen to the rest.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ayden - 06-06-2014, 04:52 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 06-16-2014, 04:36 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 06-17-2014, 08:04 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 06-17-2014, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 06-17-2014, 10:36 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 06-17-2014, 12:22 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 06-17-2014, 12:51 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 06-17-2014, 11:49 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 06-18-2014, 04:47 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 06-18-2014, 10:23 AM