This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Take On Me
The answer to his question was far from reassuring. His eyes narrowed slightly but his face was otherwise unchanged. Inside, irritation boiled across the void of control.

...whatever cause you are looking at handling within the CCD...? Just what did they think he was? A crusader?

First left with a list that would determine hundreds of lives before disappearing like it was a job well done. They seemed quite content to leave well enough alone before the Atharim moved against them. If the story was true, that was.

First the list, now an offer to teach. He did not recall staring a revolution, why were these two so sure of it? What 'military experience' did this woman have? For who? Suspicious indeed.

And if it was true? All the more reason for him to walk away now. He doubted either of them knew the magnitude of their offer.

But first the skies will grow black; darker than your darkest nightmares,
Nikolai had said.

But...

The problem had been spoken in his own words. He doubted he could teach a woman. Tony had suggested things were different and this only served to highlight it. Perhaps they did need a woman to help them...

"You seem to be under the impression that I am some kind of revolutionary. I am not."
He could not trust them with this, not now. The only think keeping him from dismissing them completely was necessary caution. "I am a strategist, another piece of the Custody's war machine, nothing more."
All true, for the moment. Very few even in the military knew anything more than the rumours of Jeddah. He wasn't about to tell these strangers that the ruler of half the world could do the same thing, nor what he had planned. "However, it is encouraging to know that you have not lost hope. I cannot give you what you want, but I will remember."

If circumstances forced him to recall the memory, he doubted either one of them would thank him for it.

Edited by Michael Vellas, Sep 10 2014, 11:52 AM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2014, 01:32 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-08-2014, 10:57 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-09-2014, 09:00 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2014, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-10-2014, 09:32 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2014, 11:51 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-10-2014, 12:44 PM