This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Take On Me
The kid- he really should start thinking of him as Michael, but he was just so young. Still, young or now, he was a man with power and influence and was their best hope- calmly sat down opposite of them. There was no smile but neither was their hostility or unfriendliness. He knew that this had to be something for Connor to have contacted him.

Connor looked at Ayden and then at Michael. "Thank you for meeting us. I know that you are a busy man."
He nodded at Ayden. "This is my fiancee, Ayden. She..."
he trailed off. Now it began. "She can also use the power you can use. And because of that- or maybe because of me and that list I got- the Atharim have targeted us. We were in St. Petersberg a few days ago and one tried to shoot us in a park. He had the markings on his forearm. He killed at fourteen year old kid instead."
The memory of that weekend was bittersweet because of that.

He had to keep her safe, though. He wouldn't let the Atharim take her from him like they would have his son. "Ayden was in the army. Special ops training. She's very good."
Here is where it got difficult. He didn't exactly know what Michael was doing in the CCD military. He was a commander. And his abilities had to make him something special, a new kind of soldier or something. And if they saw potential in one, then very likely they saw potential in having more than one. He had to believe that they were already considering this.

Is this really what you want for Ayden, Connor? He shook the question away. She had to be safe. That's all that mattered. "So we were talking and...well..."
His voice trailed off. This was not his offer to make. She wasn't his to send off for her own good, no matter how he felt. She was a grown woman- was going to be his wife. He owed her the respect of this. It was her offer to make, her choice. She was her own woman and independently fierce. It was one of the things he loved about her. "Well, actually, I should just be quiet and let her speak."

He nodded to Ayden. And inside he cursed the Atharim for forcing themselves into their lives. For their judgment, for their arrogance, for their self-righteous hypocrisy. He cursed the man who started the Atharim.

Edited by Connor Kent, Sep 9 2014, 01:08 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2014, 01:32 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-08-2014, 10:57 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-09-2014, 09:00 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2014, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-10-2014, 09:32 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2014, 11:51 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-10-2014, 12:44 PM