This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Making it Official
Nox grinned at Lucas' comment about his behavior, Nox resisted his urges to do and say more. The humor was short lived as the question brought on the ridiculous terror that was his fear of needles. He confessed. "If I don't do it now, I'm not sure when I'll talk myself into coming back in."
It was too important to not do. He didn't think Lucas or his partner here would understand. And he hoped that Lucas would not ask why he was doing it if he didn't want to.

The life of the devoted Atharim, the calling was there, it had always been there. It will always be there. He wanted to hunt monsters, specifically he wanted to hunt monsters with Aria. The way she tracked them, the way she fought them, what she knew about the world outside in the shadows. She'd been trained to do nothing other than kill monsters, to kill godlings. He shuddered at the thought. He would hate to be on the wrong end of that weapon. If she came at him by surprise he was dead, he knew it without a doubt in his mind. And if it came to hand to hand well he knew he was really dead.

But Nox had learned over the past few days that whatever Aria taught him had only very specific goals in mind, the first being to keep her from hurting herself, the last being to kill her if she ever went bad bad bad. And oh so much more in between, but right now he had a lot of work to do to do that in hand to hand. It was a sad thought, but he had promised, he would kill her if necessary. He would never tell Lucas that, not ever. He would always have the advantage over Aria, he could rip her lungs from her body, or drown her standing up, he could blow her up, burn her alive. It was that she trusted him that much that made him work so hard to do it without the power.

Aurora thought he was infatuated with her, sure she was hot. But how can you fall in love with someone whom you know you've promised to do that to if they went bad. It was his job to keep humanity safe, he understood that sacrifices it was. What that symbol he was about to etch on to his skin, he knew the meaning of it. He wouldn't be nearly so fanatical as many Atharim for obvious reasons, but he was devoted to the cause in his own way.

Nox took a deep breath. "Now's as good time as any unless you've an appointment."

"Now's fine."
Seemed there wasn't going to be much small talk.

Nox sat down in the now empty chair and rolled up the sleeve of his left arm. He looked up at Lucas to ask if it was alright, he nodded and Nox grinned, they really were going to do this without talking. He sighed as sank back into the chair, the whole situation was a mess, and now he was facing a fear in the presence of a guy who probably disliked him very much for pushing shit on to his girlfriend.

There was no warning, no indication when Lucas' first put the gun to Nox's arm. Nox closed his eyes at the first stab of pain and gripped the chair with his right hand, he held himself perfectly still and said nothing until he could breathe again. It wasn't the pain he fought, he could careless about it, he'd gone through hell and back falling out that goddamned plane, there was no pain like that. The fear fought him, but he was determined to win.

His voice was shaky but he wanted a distraction, didn't matter that Lucas was not talking to him. He'd try anyway. "Aria told me about the night before we met, I'm sorry I laid shit at her door step after that."

(( Lucas modded with permission ))

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-14-2015, 08:32 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-14-2015, 08:27 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-15-2015, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-15-2015, 02:23 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-15-2015, 04:55 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-19-2015, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2015, 09:57 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM