This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The resident wizard
Jay scrubbed a hand through his hair and turned around. In fact, his headache seemed to be getting worse. Fucking hangovers.

He had no idea where to start, nor how to even describe it. There had been a knife when he wasn't carrying one. He had hold of the power while he was thinking about Africa. Alright. Fuck it.

He sat down alongside Vanders and relayed the tale. It was almost mostly true, if one didn't think too long about the details.

He'd gone to the concert, there had been a fight and he chased down one of the guys. So did another guy, a wizard, magician guy like Vanders who used the power to save someone. They went for beers after it was all over, and the guy told him he was one of them too. "Apparently I did something with the power and didn't know it. He asked if I'd ever been so sick I thought I was going to die, and I haven't. Nothing like that has happened. He didn't believe me, and I didn't believe him."

Jay skipped over the part of the story where they went to Dorian's together, given how that sounded. Ironically. He scratched the back of his neck and went on. "He wanted to prove it to me, and well, he did. One second I was holding a knife and the next second it vanished."

Eyes wrapped in questions, he looked to Vanders for answers. Nox said he'd die if he didn't get it under control. But he didn't look long. He squeezed his eyes tight and popped his sunglasses back on. The shade did little to alleviate the headache though.

A couple walked by just then, peering down at the two men, knowing they didn't belong there. They obviously weren't going to church. Jay leaned forward, head throbbing, wondering if this is what an aneurysm felt like.

Face in his hands, he chuckled despite the pain. "He said I was shooting from the hip. Like a cowboy, right? That'd make a good call-sign."

He waved off any concern from Vanders, though. Telling him he'd drank more than usual and it was just a hangover. A cool wind wound through the trees, and when it hit Jay's pale face, he blanched like he was going to vomit.

Edited by Jay Carpenter, Apr 26 2017, 09:56 PM.
Only darkness shows you the light.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 04-25-2017, 09:01 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 04-25-2017, 09:21 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 04-25-2017, 09:36 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 04-26-2017, 08:45 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 04-26-2017, 09:41 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 04-27-2017, 12:17 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 04-27-2017, 03:10 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 04-28-2017, 09:21 AM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 04-28-2017, 08:46 PM