This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Right Thing to Do
Ivan smiled- a small one, but it was there. He didn't suspect Nox, not really. But his correction of the events, what happened to the girl and such, remained consistent. And consistent with the girl They'd already been talked to by other detectives. It was a standard interrogation technique- and one he really didn't need in this case- but habits were habits for a reason.

"Ok. Let's get to the rest of what you said in a moment. The evidence seems to support your account. Definitely looks like self defense. Of course, the CI team will continue to gather the physical evidence. I don't think this will be an issue you need to worry about, but be aware that if they find anything that seems out of place, you might be back in here."

He looked at the syringe. It wouldn't be used but it did symbolize the new world they lived in. Everything was different now. His eye flashed to the camera in the corner, debating what to do. Nox was a civilian, it was true.
But he was hardly helpless. In fact, Nox was far more dangerous than Ivan was. There was protocol, though. And prosecution. However much things had changed, law and order needed to be upheld. This couldn't become like the lawless old wild-west of the Americas. "I need to find the Atharim. Let's go get some coffee. I'd like you to tell me what you can about them."

Hopefully, Nox would be able to do a lot more than tell him about them. But Ivan would have to be careful. Law and Order. He couldn't forget that.

Edited by Ivan Sarkozy, Aug 2 2017, 12:50 PM.
continued here