This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Time for Change
She opened her door, feeling as of it was the first time in years. Not the room the rougs took her in. No, the one she was dragged into when was 12.

She was alone. But that was life. She should just be resigned to it. The door stood open, offering freedom, but she couldn't make herself go through it. A part of her didn't want to see Tenzin, she realized. She was scared. She'd probably leave anyway, at some point.

The thought washed away her determination and she stepped back and sat on the bed, overwhelmed at the choice before her. She wondered why she had thought things would be any different. She should have just stuck with doing her own thing. Being part of the Archangels had been a mistake. She knew that almost from the start, the way she had butted heads with Barovsky. Coming here.

She knew herself. She seemed to always find ways to burn bridges. To leave before the other person did. Or drive then away. At least it would be her choice. Jill had been the last time she ever let anyone choose, she remembered.

She grit her teeth, heart tearing. She didn't want to leave. She had exposed herself to the woman, shared with her what she had shared with not another living soul. She couldn't bear the thought that Tenzin would do it too, even though it was only a matter of time.

She stood and walked out the door, determined to go without a world- at least to the gym, for now, as she figured out how to disentangle herself from this situation- when she noticed the woman bent over, cleaning up her mess, angrily muttering in a foreign language, braid bristling like a cat's tail.

Jacinda stopped, watching, resolve melting away. After a moment, she walked silently to the woman, quiet voice betraying her fear. "I was going to clean that. Thank you." was all she could say.

She got the trash bin and brought it over to Tenzin for her to dump the now full dustpan. Instead of getting up, she sat there on the ground and watched the woman. "I'm not used to having friends. Sorry I dumped all that on you."

What was she doing? She was supposed to be disentangling. She shook her head at her stupidity. "I'm not used to having friends. The last time I tried.. It's been easier to just be on my own." Easier? Maybe. But...

She peered at the woman. "I'm not sure what to expect from you. You can be hard to read at times." Despite the serious nature of her words, she laughed a bit. Talk about understatement.

Messages In This Thread
Time for Change - by Tenzin - 03-30-2020, 07:12 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 03-31-2020, 02:35 AM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-04-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-04-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-05-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-05-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-05-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-05-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-05-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-09-2020, 12:30 PM