This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Old things
Art wasn't really his thing. "I have not." He smiled. "Artwork isn't usually my go to to relax." Xander winked. Though his prior night had ended rather uneventful -- his fault really Alexis was an ass.

"Today is my day off, so the cafe is a place to people watch. Moscow on the other hand has brought an interesting adventure. Though strangely I saw more of home here than I thought -- there was an actual vodoo priestess practicing her so-called magic in the park the other day, and she has a traditional New Orleans joint here. Who would have thought I'd travel all this way to find a cajun." Though Rowan had been far from cajun Seven didn't need to know that. It was a stereotype he was more than happy to prolificate.

That day had been an adventure in more ways than one. Xander wondered how Asha was faring alone with Elias out in their travels.
"The greatest friend to a con artist is lack of knowledge." ~ Jane King

Seven gasped with genuine awe. “In all my travels, I’ve yet to meet an authentic French Cajun. Tell me, friend, where is this café? If I am half-lucky, maybe I can get a reservation for tonight. Would you care to join? I’d be glad for the company.” He pulled out his Wallet, ready to search the carousel of online apps at a moment’s notice. “Maybe we can have a fortune told while there.” He dabbled fingertips on the table, contemplating the exotic thought.
That was a problem, though Xander didn't let his smile slip. And Z wasn't much different than Tobias. Who had seen him? Rowan was gone. She hadn't been back since the day he saw her. It was concerning in and of itself. Would the mistress of the house remember him? Would she know his name? Staying in one place was starting to cause problems.

"Sadly Rowan hasn't been available since the day I met her. I've been back for the Beignets several times." Not a lie. "Though you can definitely meet authentic cajuns. Some you might not understand at all." Xander pulled up the flyer on his wallet. He saved everything important. "Here's the flyer." Xander didn't ask for contact information. He didn't offer to wire it. He would if asked, but there were hoops to jump through. And today Z was out and about. Alexis rented the apartment -- everything came from him at the moment. Staying was beginning to become a problem... a retoric he wasn't about to change. Something kept him here... and Xander was afraid it might be a girl he wasn't even interested in.

Xander said neither yes nor no to the offer. His inner crisis still plaguing his mind. But if pressed he knew he'd say yes. It wasn't often you met interesting people, but he hoped that Rowan's absence might deter him. Now that Rowan was on his mind he was worried. That man had been a snake -- a fucking snake. And they were dangerous to anyone -- but to Rowan even more so. Fucking snakes. "Last I saw the voodoo preistess she was in the company of a dangerous man." Peril... misdirection... He only hoped he wasn't pressed.

He noted the lady’s name, Rowan, and swiftly found her picture on the café website. She was wonderful. The menu was attractive, and Seven appreciated the glistening look of fresh beignets. Then Z’s tone changed, and Seven was appropriately intrigued. “What kind of dangerous man? Like a spy or a gangster? This place sounds wonderful. Yes, I am making a reservation now.” He tapped in the fields and found a table for 8:30 pm.

After laying his Wallet aside, he delicately plucked his drink. Above the rim of the cup, he smiled. “Gods willing, I’ll see you at 8:30.”
Xander sighed, he didn't know how to explain it. "It's hard to explain. He did nothing intentionally dangerous or would make anyone see him for what he was. I have this sixth sense about people. I didn't stay long once he had joined our little party. It was a very dangerous situation. I call men like him snakes." Snakes were all part of their imagery -- specifically one biting it's own tell -- never ending cycles of things and all that. Something Xander didn't want to get involved with. "A lot of death around him."

It gave a way more than usual. But Z like Tobias had that luxury -- nobodies -- no one would remember him. At least that was what he hoped for. "I think I can rearrange my coffee shop diversions to hit the place again. Might even try some ettoufe this time." But now Xander had to figure out how to be Z and not look like Tobias or any of his other personas without looking like a fake. "I wonder if I have any of the good old American blues lying around." Tobias was a Dutchman, Z not so much -- classic American should do the job. Xander smiled happily having found a way to pass and still keep Seven's company. He had a nice smile.

Snakes and sixth senses, Z was laying the temptation on thick. Seven was grinning ear to ear. After finishing his coffee, he left a tip for the server and stood. “I hope your arrangements may be altered, for purely selfish reasons of course. One can’t imagine enjoying etouffee alone!” he laughed. As he left, he wondered about the intuition Z described about people, and briefly checked over his shoulder with a final wave, curious about the insight into himself.  Perhaps he would ask that night.
Alone again. Xander didn't stay long after Seven left. He had an alter persona to perfect so Tobais wasn't seen through Z. That was a problem he was going to have to keep in mind the longer he stayed in town.

[[ might do more later, but he'll jump in on the thread at the bottomless cup Smile ]]