This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Take On Me
Michael's apparent 'time-off' was anything but relaxing. Of course the time off was merely pretence. He was working closely with the General via secured military link from home. Organization was coming along smoothly, but planning was useless without action, which they had yet to begin.

Michael took the otherwise suffocating pace of preparation with icy patience. The operation was far to important for impatience or rashness.

Nonetheless, it was still an irritation when his phone buzzed and took him away from his latest report to be submitted to the General. He hoped it wasn't another demand from some clerk for information they both knew he could not provide the clerk's persistent superior. It seemed that several departments within the military were determined to interfere. Not directly, of course. The Ascendancy's word was law. The plots were likely much more pedestrian, which made the whole affair that much more irritating.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hi. Uhh, is this Michael Vellas?"

"Speaking."

"We met a few days ago at a book shop. Afterwards we went to a restaurant. You know who I am right?"

"Yes."
His interest was sparked with the memory. So, Connor couldn't keep away? Dangerous, but he admired the man's determination.

"I found our discussion interesting. I have a...friend. she had some interesting thoughts on the subject. I...thought it would be nice if you could meet."

Interesting. He had mentioned something about a woman when they had talked. Had she been Atharim? Michael could not recall the specifics. His latest determination not to hide from the Atharim allowed him to accept the prospect without hesitation. He would be prepared of course, but he would not be going out of his way to hide either.

"Very well. I shall organize it."
He gave Connor a set of instructions to follow for safety, although he wasn't particularly careful. The Atharim already knew his location.

"Thanks...see you this afternoon"

If it was anything like their last encounter, it would be interesting indeed.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2014, 01:32 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-08-2014, 10:57 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-09-2014, 09:00 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2014, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 09-10-2014, 09:32 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2014, 11:51 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 09-10-2014, 12:44 PM