This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

You know how we do it
He shrugged into his coat, watching as everyone either gathered their things up or stayed to chat with this person or that. His eyes lighted on Elouera Galloway, now standing in her navy blue dress. She definitely grabbed eyes, though not in an inappropriate slutty display. She just was very attractive in all the ways men found pleasing. She is intriguing. He walked over to her.

"Ms. Galloway, I have to tell you that I really enjoyed your thoughts on the strategy in the DV."
For once, he didn't feel calculated saying it. He really had felt that way. "Would you be available to talk this evening? I'd like to hear more about....well, about all of this. It's my first time seeing something like this done."

She smiled at him, blue eyes twinkling and kindly offered, "Thank you Marcus. I appreciate that. I have to say that I was impressed by your comments too. I look forward to more of it. But"
, in mocking hushed tones she said, "It's my first time too. I mean, I've worked with Anatoly for a few years and I have participated in limited narrowly focused operations. But I don't know that we've ever down something like this before."
Her smile was reassuring and she touched his arm. "I dare say you're in good company."
She gestured to encompass the room. "I'm guessing most of us feel that way."
But then she turned back to him. "Yes, we can get together. Maybe later tonight."
For some reason he felt a slight warmth in his stomach at her answer. "I have to stay and talk with Anatoly and Javas. But maybe in an hour or two. We can get something to eat."

Marcus found himself mildly smiling and was surprised by it. Well, he did have his experience, after all. It's not as if he hadn't learned how to be charming and pleasant with people. And she was interesting. "I look forward to it."
He pulled out his Wallet and put it in contact mode. "Here is my contact information."
She responded in kind and the two devices instantly swapped their data.

"Good,"
she said looking at her phone to check that it worked. "So let me message you later to see where you are."

He smiled at her. This could be interesting. "Great. I look forward to it."
He offered her his hand and then, saying good-bye, he walked out the conference room and started home. As he did, he thought about everything. It was odd, to say the least, how he was feeling. He laughed at himself. These last few months had been fairly... solitary, aside from some calculated association with his workmates. And he had spent more and more time by himself in his room, practicing his Force weaves and doing his meditations and studies.

In truth, he had been becoming a hermit. Even at home those last few years, Andre and the Smith family had kept him minimally engaged. But here, he had been all alone. He had immersed himself in the role he'd created for himself. But now he could see the danger. If he wasn't careful, he'd start to get a reputation as a one dimensional person, someone who only lived for his work. That wouldn't help him at all. He needed to have a life outside of the Kremlin, even outside of his goals. If for no other reason than it would make his ultimate aims more attainable.

And he was Sith in his philosophy. Sith enjoyed the gamut of human experience- the totality of emotion. It was time for him to start doing that to. He was at the Kremlin, the seat of power in the world. He'd met Ascendancy, perhaps even had achieved one of his goals with the man, at least partly. And for the first time in 2 years, the Force was denied him. It was time to allow himself some breathing room. And it would begin tonight with Elouera.

<small>[[continued in Good Life]]</small>

Edited by Marcus DuBois, Sep 13 2014, 02:28 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 07-10-2014, 12:02 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 07-14-2014, 12:58 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 07-16-2014, 04:56 PM