This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Birthday Plans [North of Moscow]
It was September a horrible month for Nox.  And made even worse by the fact he was dealing with a broken heart.  So lets pile on the loss of his twin sister and their birthday on top of it -- a real shit month.  It could have been worse.  At least things had calmed with the horde a little -- thanks to Oriena.

But Nox planned to get away.  Not for any reason anyone expected, though sitting with his sister on her birthday fit right in with something he'd do.  And it was part of the plan, but he was doing it for more than that.  Three days of hunting Atharim who were hunting him.  

Nox had Sage plant seeds for weeks leading up to the date.  And now it was time to make those actions true.  He was going hunting Oni out near some park -- not too far from where Aurora was buried -- dead in the ground where her murderous boyfriend left her.  

Nox knocked on Carmen's door, he knew he could take the time.  Or rather suspected she'd have insisted he take some time off since he'd been pretty much there every night since the break up -- only taking off a few extra hours here and there so he could go to the Almaz early for a fight he wanted in on or to "hang" with Oriena.  And who was going to say no to their boss? 

Carmen barely looked up when he knocked, more waving him in and expecting him to talk.  "I know it's our busy days, but I'd like to take the 20th, 21st and 22nd off this month.  Go visit Aurora's grave."  He left off the fact that it was her birthday the 22nd. "I'll be back on the 23rd when we open the doors."

Carmen finally glanced up, stern-faced. A few swipes of the holos on her desk brought up the schedules and calendars, and she made note of the dates. She said nothing of the reasons; he certainly didn't need to explain himself, even if he'd left the request a little late. But the gaps were easily enough plugged, and Nox did far more than he was ever paid for to protect the club and the people in it. Of his personal life she'd make no comment unless he brought it up first. Sometimes the girls spoke to her about their lives, and Carmen always listened when such things were asked of her. Kallisti was family after all. But she was also their boss, and she never pried either. Not unless she had a compelling reason. Both boys lived under Kallisti's roof, and everyone here knew about that sad business, but neither of them let it affect the job. So Carmen wouldn’t comment on that either. Though it did not mean she was not concerned. 

“Most people take their own birthday off,” she said as she closed the window and reopened the work he’d interrupted. “Trade’s quiet Sundays. We could spare you.”

Nox chuckled with some mirth. "Most people don't have a twin sister. And most twins aren't born straddling the human designed midnight barrier of days. I've never celebrated on my birthday, why should I start on the first one without my twin sister?" He shrugged. "I'd rather not have time to dwell on my life."

[[ with Carmen ]]

Messages In This Thread
Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-16-2024, 11:16 AM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-17-2024, 12:06 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-18-2024, 10:33 AM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-19-2024, 03:39 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-20-2024, 01:37 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-21-2024, 02:19 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Jacob - 01-21-2024, 02:20 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-22-2024, 06:26 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-23-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Birthday Plans [North of Moscow] - by Nox - 01-24-2024, 10:57 AM