This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lost Boy
Back in the real world the eUTV had lumbered to the evac point without incident.  It was an oddity having her crew so quiet behind her beyond scripted lines and status updates.  They were focused on their jobs, sure, but it was strange regardless.  She smiled, feeling proud of them and how far they’d come as a unit.  Still, they were missing a member…even if she was tied up three feet away.  Mistakes and consequences.

It sounded like the program was working.  Originally Doc was going to have to administer a concerning amount of experimental drugs for the restarts since there was only so much footage to play through on this one but as the kid kept passing out, that turned out to be unnecessary.  Testing, the next phase, only worked if the kid didn’t know she was being tested so surprise was essential.  The reality-altering serum reacted poorly to excessive amounts of knockout drugs and they didn’t want to keep bashing her over the head.  Of course it was more complicated than that but for brevity’s sake, here they were.  

“Restart,” Freeman said, eyes glued to his screen.

Suggs replied, “You’re sure?”

“Yes, you can’t fake out the monitoring equipment.”

“She okay?  That’s seven times now.”

“She’ll be fine, Sarge.  How are you doing?  Need a break?  I can take her out for a bit.”

“No, I’m fine.” Then  “…little queasy.”

“Sit tight, I’ll put a patch on to help with that.”

“Thanks Doc.”

“Five seconds?  I’ve got a bird with two heads I need to debug.”

“Yeah, you got it.”

So all-in-all, great.  With Hatch on temporary additional duty it fell to Akari to take up his slack.  She made sure everything was tied down, stowed and secured then signaled their recall transport.  30 seconds later they were in the air headed to an alpha site.

Good times.

Messages In This Thread
Lost Boy - by Nika Raskov - 01-17-2022, 04:02 AM
RE: Lost Boy - by Akari Miyakawa - 01-17-2022, 04:25 AM
RE: Lost Boy - by Jacinda - 02-07-2023, 05:15 AM
RE: Lost Boy - by Akari Miyakawa - 02-14-2023, 04:30 AM
RE: Lost Boy - by Jacinda - 02-18-2023, 03:55 AM