This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New Players In The Pattern
Nox was completely and utterly surprised that Aiden had agreed. If it had been him he'd have challenged himself. 'I bet you can't even fucking do it.' Nox didn't know if he could or not but Aiden was doing a damn fucking fine job of keeping his cool. Nox took a few steps closer. He wanted to watch, but he kept his eyes on Aiden's he saw Sage on his knees. He knew what he was doing. His own thoughts wandered but Nox took a few more steps, he stood behind Sage and could no longer see what he was doing short of the bobbing of his head. Nox spoke softly. "Stop looking for it. You have the power. It's in your grasp already."

Nox drew upon the power and made his own fireballs slowly in front of Aiden. "You already have the power Aiden." His voice cracked. The situation was making other things difficult. But Aiden had the power, he flung fireballs around without thinking. Nox let the fire wink out and drew a single thick thread between them, it glowed red. It wasn't hot to the touch, but it was fire incarnate. It was easy to see. "Just take control of it. Stop looking for it. Call the fire to your hand. Make it do your bidding. You hold it. Control it. It's half the battle. We can work on grabbing the power later without already having it. Consciously take that power in your hand. Make it come. Don't watch it. Force it."

Nox put his hand on Sage's shoulder and held him back from continuing. He could continue later. "Control the fucking power Aiden."
Aiden’s attention wavered as he saw a red line form in the air, no doubt Nox’s doing. Eye’s bulging, he forgot about Sage for a second. Only a second though, then the hormones took control again and his brain became a battlefield once more. The only sound he could get out at that point was a grunt; but with an effort, he nodded to Nox, signifying that he saw the… thread? The thread of energy. He had never seen anything like that before and it only served as confirmation to what Nox was telling him.

Nox pulled Sage back, for a second Aiden thought that Nox was about to join in… That was the raging hormones causing that thought of course, although after not having had sex for so long… Well, Aiden would have been hardpressed to deny Nox at that moment. Sage had done a fine job in working up all of those dormant emotions, needs, and wants in Aiden’s head. Hell, Aiden would’ve been surprised if Sage protested to Nox taking a go at it; the fact that he was comfortable doing this in front of Nox only served as a sort of confirmation to Aiden that the pair had fucked at least once.

Great. Blue balls. Aiden thought to himself as he stuffed his member back into his boxer-shorts.

Thrusting a hand up in the air, the fireballs slowed their dance; they began to move in a stiff square, no doubt at the frustration and protest that Aiden’s body was now experiencing over the denial of release. The flaming orbs did nothing other than their dance, no matter how much Aiden tried to force them to his palm. The further denial, now of his magic’s refusal to cooperate, only served to heighten Aiden’s frustration. He began to hum to himself to ease the tension. Nox and Sage staring at him, Aiden closed his eyes to block them out. Sage clearly wanted to finish and so did Aiden; he’d have just done it himself, but the release wasn’t the point here. No. He had to steady himself and music always helped with that.

There was a certain calm that came over him as the hum turned into words. He was singing before long, trying to coax the fire into his hand in a way. It was the first song he wrote, it was about his ex, Kyle. The memories of the man still stung, but Aiden had always liked the song.

“I’m sorry, it’s hard for me to say, although it’s easy to say in my dreams. My thoughts are about to short circuit, you know right now, I want you with me,” Aiden sang out in a heartfelt tone, both sad and hopeful at the same time. He sang to the fire, eyes pressed shut tightly, “This all has me in tears under moonlight, I can’t even call you because it’s midnight; But my heart is sincere, what can I do?”

Light burst into existence behind Aiden’s right shoulder and a blazing heat formed in the palm of his hand that still shot upwards. Aiden’s eyes ripped open and a smile came easily to his lips. The fire floated in his palm, one huge, glorious blaze; the unseen light behind his shoulder didn’t so much as flicker.

Aiden sang on, “The moonlight guides us to our destination dear; time and again, we’ll find each other. Counting sparkles of the constellations, foretelling the future of this romance.”

The fire and the light both fled as soon as Aiden finished his song. He lowered his hand, looking into his palm and not seeing a burn of any kind. His hand shot up in the air again, trying to summon the flames once more.

They didn’t come.

“Ah, fuck! Am I gonna have to sing every time? Not that I don’t enjoy doing it… But you don’t sing to yours, Nox? And what was that red thread?” Aiden asked the other man in a calm tone. The song really had helped, but would it work again? He hadn’t sung the last two times… What was the problem here?

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
Nox bit his bottom lip. His mind wasn't into answering the questions once he made the power come. His own words making him bit his lip harder and he let go with a soft grunt. Fuck! "Nice song. If we survive the sickness we all have some sort of issue. Mine required my sister and I to hold hands in order to call upon our power. Once we grasped it we could let go. I've seen anger and frustration and embarrassment. Singing sings pretty easy if you can make it work. Try sing song words when you need it to come. Maybe it'll work. "

Nox glanced down and let his eyes drag up Aiden. Sage was still on his knees in front of him. "The rest of your questions I think can wait. I can explain more after the two of you finish what you obviously started earlier today, maybe you won't burn down Dorian's house?" Not that he wouldn't mind joining in, but he was pretty sure that would just send him over the fucking edge. Too much shit going on...

Nox grinned at Aiden. "I think you deserve it."
Sage was surprised Aiden had agreed. He'd rather have been doing the watching. The place between his shoulder blades itched. But they were getting so close and Sage was eager to finish but Nox placed his hand on his shoulder and kept him from moving anymore. Sage looked up quizically as he challenged Aiden to control the power. It was more a command than a request. Sage watched Aiden though it was more listening to his beautiful voice. But there was fire and then frustration. Not that he wasn't frustrated before.

It had been frustrating before.

Sage stood up when Nox suggested that they finish now that he'd learned. He hadn't done anything more than what he had before. Conscious effort. Singing? Nox spoke about his and his sister. The sadness in his voice was apparent. It hadn't been long enough since she died. He still felt the pain. His nightmares... Sage always felt bad knowing that his sleep was broken and insomnia kept him awake. though Sage knew it was self imposed insomnia - the nightmares ...

But Sage closed the distance between himself and Aiden and wrapped one arm around his back and the other trailing up and down his chest, teasing both Nox and Aiden. "You think we can take this to the bedroom?" He wasn't asking Aiden specifically, but Nox too. "Is it safe?" Nox just shrugged and turned to go to his room, doorless, uncomfortable bed alone... Sage sighed as he turned his attention to the rockstar in his arms and pressed a kiss to his lip hard and wet.

convert binary | biography
Aiden didn’t have much of a chance to respond to Nox. Sage was up, eager as ever, and making it clear that Nox was welcome to join in. The man shrugged and then walked off to his own quarters. Aiden didn’t mind either way. A threesome sounded fantastic, but after the constant starting and stopping of the night, not to mention how long it had been since Aiden was actually with another person; well, Aiden probably wouldn’t last long enough to make that scenario worthwhile. Besides, if Nox used sex to teach magic, the opportunity would probably present itself eventually.

Well, this certainly complicates things, Aiden thought to himself. I am a hypocrite for insisting that Sage and I hold off on intimacy, only to let him suck me off in front of his friend… And now I’m actually considering tossing said friend into the mix… You’re playing with fire here, Aiden… This could end messily… What would we become? Sex buddies? A polygamous trio? Would Sage and I just be a thing, with Nox hoping in from time to time? Not that those ideas sound horrible, it’s just so funny how quickly your expectations can shatter… And here I am completely okay with all of it. I knew I’d go on a journey of self-discovery out here in Moscow but this is-

Aiden’s internal monologue completely crashed as Sage kissed him hungrily. His body responded in kind, the underwear growing tight across his groin and goosebumps rising over the length of his body. Aiden returned the kiss before pulling back and leading Sage to the bedroom.

Ah, fuck it all, Aiden thought to himself wryly. It was 2046, for Heaven’s sake! Times were changing fast. LGBTQ+ rights had progressed quickly over the last few decades, across the entire globe. Ideas of traditional relationships and families had changed too. Why was it so crazy that three people could be a thing? That is if things went well with Sage and if Nox became a permanent fixture in any possible relationship Aiden might have with them. He vowed to himself to just go with the flow, and that flow was taking them past Nox’s room and into Sage’s own quarters.

Aiden looked into Nox’s room as they walked past, he gave the man a shrug and a smile as if to say ‘your loss,’ no boasting or maliciousness in it; if anything Aiden was casually flirting… in so much as someone can with a glance. Aiden tugged at Sage’s hand with urgency before they came back into his room. Aiden pushed Sage down onto the bed, not wasting any time in stripping off the little bit of clothing he had on. Three fireballs erupted in a blaze overhead, spinning with delight.

Without waiting, Aiden started humming the tune to Adina Howard’s song, ‘Freak Like Me.’

Nothing happened.

Maybe I’ve got to be into the song…

The humming quickly turned to words. Aiden sang the opening verse in a deep, seductive bass tone, “Let me lay it on the line, I got a little freakiness inside and you know that a man has got to deal with it. I don’t care what they say, I’m not about to pay nobody’s way; ‘Cause it’s all about the dog in me. Mm-hmmmm.”

The light appeared behind Aiden, that strange glow that cast no illumination on anything in the room; still, the light persisted. Flaming orbs still swung overhead, but they started to slow. Aiden tossed any little bits of his self-respect out the window and started dancing for Sage, in all of his naked glory. He had never done anything like this in the bedroom, but this night had seen many firsts for Aiden.

With a smooth roll of his torso and a gyration of the hips, the fireballs completely disappeared.  Aiden descended upon Sage, still singing, “I want a freak in the morning, A freak in the evening just like me. I need a roughneck brother that can satisfy me just for me. If you are that kind of man, ‘cause I’m that kinda dude…”Aiden ripped Sage’s shirt off and kissed him deeply. He couldn’t sing while kissing, but the song was still blaring in his head and his hips were still doing a sort of grinding dance upon Sage.

It worked.

They were gonna have a fantastic night.

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
His loss. Sage said as followed Aiden. The whole thing went perfectly. Though until the fire popped up Sage's eyes went wide. The power wasn't gone, but Aiden started humming, then singing and dancing and Sage propped up on his elbows to watch. Slowly the fire disappeared and Aiden was on him. He continued to sing softly and he moved against Sage and there was only one response, and that was to let the other man keep doing what he was doing.

Their night would be fantastic...And for once Nox could fucking listen!

convert binary | biography