This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Allies
Ricky frowned. He had upset the woman. The timbre ofher voice had changed and she wasn't meeting his gaze. He thought he understood. He couldn't think of anyone who wouldn't be upset by it. However, that hadn't been his intent. "Señorita Muñoz, I can see I've upset you. I'm sorry - it was not my intent. I just wanted to let you know what a difference you made in that little girls life today. That's something that at the end of the day,you can look back and say 'I did something good today.' Its like an answer to my prayers for her."

She called them perros...he could think of more words to describe them, but didn't as his daughter started to come back. He was grateful. He wasn't sure how to answer Camila's question about how he got Marta out. He doubted the woman would understand the quetz story. [Color]"I think we should hold back on that discussion for now.At least someone is standing up to them now."[/color]There was admiration in his voice for Damien Oakland. The man was at least starting the cleanup. He hoped others would join his cause - perhaps he would. His time was limited for now and he hadn't been ableto start looking for Perez, but if Oakland was dedicated to wiping out the cartels, he would help in whatever way he could.

Marta sat down and Ricky placed the plates in front of them. "This is really yummy.
Marta told Camila as Ricky refilled her water and got Camila another beer. He didn't bother adding it to her tab. He wasn't going to charge her anyways.

Marta got to eating. He hoped Camila liked it too. He hadn't made quite enough and ate a smaller portion, letting Miquel take over the bar again. He was used to operating things.
Edited by Enrique, Jan 9 2015, 09:05 PM.
His words of gratitude forced her to take a deep breath. Before she could say anything, however, he continued on about someone standing up to the cartels. The comment had been quick and she couldn’t really elaborate on any of it considering Marta was just rejoining them then, but Camila could have sworn there was a hint of admiration in his words. “It was time someone did.”

Suspecting that the girl’s situation had a lot to do with what she had heard in Enrique’s voice, Camila looked at him renewed interest. He obviously disliked the cartels, and had plenty of reason to, but she wasn’t about to divulge her involvement against the corruption that plagued Mexico. There had been something about the snake vision and tattoo that made Camila weary. Until she could figure out why, some things needed to remain under wraps.

After Marta sat down, the woman moved to take a seat next to the girl and thanked Salguero for the meal and the new beer. “You are right, it's not bad.”
she told the girl after having a taste. Perhaps the man needed practice using a knife, but at least he wasn’t a bad cook.
Ricky smiled, glad that Camila enjoyed the arroz con pollo. It was his specialty. Ricky smiled and told Miguel he could head home, and Miguel left from the back entrance. His good mood was interrupted by more customers entering. Two men, one slim and lanky, the other one brawny and muscular. Muscle flicked the deadbolt on the door.

Ricky tensed. That was never a good sign. It was Slim that bothered him more though. There was something about him that made Ricky's stomach turn as he looked at Camila and gave a knowing smile. He then turned back to Ricky.

Marta turned and gasped when she saw the man. Her breathing quickenednin fear and she stood quickly,.knocking the stool she was sitting on as she did. She made herself small, trying to hide herself from the man's eyes. Ricky could see the tears welling up in her eyes. Ricky glared daggers at the man and it was then that he noticed the reason why he was bothered. The resmblance between Marta and Slim was evident.

"Marta,go upstairs. Lock the door. Go into your room and lock the door and sit in your closet. Donot open the door until I come get you, okay?"

Marta remained frozen for a moment before she looked up at Ricky. Her breathing was quick and tears were falling down her face. He wanted nothing more than to dry those tears amd hug her, but he had to get her out of this room. "Marta, do you understand me?"

Marta swallowed and nodded before standing and heading to the door to his upstairs apartment. Ricky heard the click of the lock and the pattering of her small feet going up the stairs. He waited a few momets before speaking.

"Roberto Gonzales I presume?"

Slim smiled and nodded. "I came for my neice, but might as well take La Muñeca as well, since she is conviently here."

Ricky filed that comment for later. He had to focus on keeping Marta safe. "You're leavimg with no one.

"I'm her legal guardian, you can't stop me.

The man was using the law - the thought made him sick. "Any claim you had to her was revoked when you sold her."
As he spoke, he reached for.the pistols he had placed beneath the bar. He had expected to eventually have a confrontation, but hoped it would not be here. He pulled the two Single Action Armies out with lightning speed and aimed one at Slim and the other at Muscle and pulled back the hammers. "Now get the fuck out of my bar."
He only hesitated because he didn't want Marta to hear the shot and get more scared than she already was.
Things seemed to be going well. Thanks to the child, she could even feel some of the tension in her shoulders lessen and Camila found herself enjoying the company of this little family. Right up until more company arrived. Turning to look over at the door, all the tension that had previously left her body doubled. Her eyes widened in recognition as the two men settled their gazes on her. Oh, she had never spoken to them, but she knew them well enough. They were Gustavo’s men, and judging by the way the thin one smiled at her, he at least knew who she was.

The small gasp from the child caught her ear and she shifted to look at Marta, Camila could see the fear in the little girl’s face. She slipped from the chair, making her way to the child. There was no mistaking the connection she felt with the girl before. Now, Camila fully understood. If the child recognized the men, then she was in a heap of trouble.

Enrique ordered Marta to go on upstairs and after a moment’s hesitation the child did as told. The fact that Gonzales knew that particular moniker made the hairs in the back of her neck stand on end. Her hands itched to get a hold of something she could use to defend herself. Likely, it would come down to it, and at the moment Camila had nothing but the strength her own muscles could afford her.

She looked from one man to the other, back stiff, lips set in a tight line. Camila would break their necks with her own hands if she had to, and was considering just how she would go about it when Salguero pulled out a pair of guns.

Based on what she’d seen earlier, he wouldn’t hesitate to pull the triggers. “I’d listen to him, if I were you.”

It seemed as if Camila and the sacks of shit that had ended up in his bar knew each other. Ricky saw Camila as an ally now. He didn't know if this would go south or not, but she wouldn't be defenseless. Muscle was still cool, but he hadn't gone for the gun that Ricky knew he had. Gonzales was tense and there was fear in his eyes. Ricky had guessed right. Gonzales had risen to his rank with favors and money. He was spineless.

Ricky lowered his gun on Gonzales, not because it was over, but he used that hand to slide a chef's knife to Camila. Ricky kept his eyes on the two men. The glint of the diamond stud in Gonzales' left ear gave Ricky an idea. The shot would be difficult, but he had time to aim and trusted in his marksmanship. For Marta's sake, he'd rather not this turn into a bloodbath.

Neither party moved. Gonzales was relying on Muscle's judgement who at this point was calling his bluff. They didn't heed Camila's suggestion either. Somehow, Camila had sensed that he didn't have issues with killing these men if it came to it. For now, he needed to prove he was serious about his threat and that's what his plan was for. He took aim and fired.

His aim rang true and Gonzales started uttering a series of expletives as his hand grasped at his left ear. "That's your final warning. Next time it's your eye."

Ricky sensed movement from muscle and turned both guns on him. The man hadn't been able to draw the gun yet, but hesitated when Ricky gave the man his full attention. "Drop the gun - slowly."
The man's hand slowly went to the gun. "Not like that. The holster."

Muscle understood and slowly his hand moved to the clasp of his shoulder rig. He slowly slid it to the ground and raised his hands. Gonzales seemed to be recovering from the shock of the attack. His hand still covered his ear. Ricky motioned to the door with his gun.

Gonzales pulled his hand away and examined the blood on it. His hand was shaking and blood marred his face coming the spot where his earlobe used to be. "This isn't over." Gonzales threatened.

Ricky glared at him. "No, it's not."

Muscle backed up and unlocked the door, but before Gonzales could leave, Ricky left him with a threat. "Gonzales, the next time you walk through that door, you die."

Gonzales turned his head slightly, but didn't respond. Ricky moved out and picked up Muscle's weapon after they left and then turned to Camila. "I need to make sure she is okay. It seems we are on the same side. We should talk after. Please follow me."

Ricky moved, but as he got closer, he stopped. He took the revolver in his hand and set it next to Camila. "I promise you I mean you no harm. If it makes you feel more comfortable then take it for your own protection."

He then went upstairs and went to Marta's room. He told her that it was him and she could come out now. The door opened slowly and Ricky saw Marta's tear stained face. Maybe it was the stress, but she jumped into Ricky's arms and held on tight. "I don't want to go back."
She said through the sobs.

Ricky hugged her. "You don't have to."
Ricky just let Marta cry. She needed to release the fear she felt.

Marta turned when the door opened and when she saw the two men standing there, she gasped. Marta started breathing fast and she could feel her heart beating in here chest. The one man smiled at her, but Marta never remembered that smile being affectionate. It had always been cold and full of lies.

It was her Uncle Roberto and she hated him. More than that though, she was scared. He had brought her to the brothel. She stood and tripped on the stool. She caught her balance, but the stool still fell and she ducked behind it trying to hide from those cold eyes.

A voice broke through her thoughts - Ricky's. He asked her if she understood and for some reason she remebered the words although she didn't remember hearing them. Go upstairs...lock the doors...hide in your closet until I come get you. Ricky's voice was calm but when she looked up, she saw the anger in his eyes. She had seen that from the customers sometimes and El Diablo too. She also noticed that gaze was directed at her uncle...not her. She nodded and obeyed.

As she entered the closet, she realized she had been crying. She huddled in the corner of the dark closet and drew her knees to her chest, sobbing quietly into them. Time seemed to slow down and suddenly she heard a loud bang. She jumped, but didn't know what it was.

Soon she heard Ricky's voice telling her that she could come out. She crawled slowly to the door and opened it. Her face felt sticky from crying. She don't know why she did it, but she launched herself into Ricky's arms. It was then she realized she wanted to be hugged.

"I don't want to go back."
the words just left her mouth without though. His whole thing seemed like a nightmare, but Marta knew it wasn't.

As Ricky hugged her and told her "You don't have to."
she felt safe and protected. She wasn't sure she liked it. When the safety was eventually gone it would hurt so much, but right now she needed to feel safe, so she cried into Ricky's shoulder and held on tight as he hugged her.

[Image: Marta_zps1a4758b6.jpg]
Marta Gonzalez

Edited by Enrique, Feb 26 2015, 11:48 PM.
Everything happened relatively fast, and Camila wasn’t exactly sure what to think. Part of her wanted to follow them. A sense of survival wanted them dead. Yet, she knew that it would be useless for her to chase after them just then.

Then there was her sense of amazement at the level of skill displayed by Enrique. Where had the man learned to shoot like that? Whatever the answer was, she wasn’t likely to get it right away. As soon as the two other me left, Ricky did what any father would have, he went to look for his child.

She glanced at the revolver he offered, but shook her head. Instead, she followed him to check on the girl. Once the father and his adopted daughter were reunited, she had to look away. It felt odd to intrude in their privacy. The child was clearly shaken, but considering the circumstances, was rather fortunate.

Clearing her throat as softly as she could, Camila took a step back. She shouldn’t have followed him. "I better go. There are some things we can discuss later. I’ll leave my number down stairs. For now, I think you two need some time to yourselves.”

Not waiting for any protests, she turned back down the way they had come. She had a trip planned, and needed time to pack. Moreover, Camila needed time to make sense of what had just happened. Perhaps she was running away, but it was the best option for now.
Camila didn't wait for Ricky to say anything before leaving. Ricky was sad she left, but also glad. Marta was still crying into his shoulder, and Ricky held her, comforting her.

The tears didn't stop, but soon she asked for a glass of water. Ricky reluctantly let her go and went downstairs, getting her a glass. When he came back, Marta had fallen asleep on the floor. It had been a really long day for her. He noticed that she was still holding the panda he had gotten her.

Ricky placed the glass on the table beside her bed and pulled back the covers. He then picked up Marta and placed her in bed tucking her in. He kissed her on the forehead and headed back downstairs to clean up, making sure to check his locks on the way.

Sure enough, Camila had left her number. Ricky took it and sent her a message.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>Outgoing Message</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
To: Camila Muñoz

Thank you for coming out today. It meant a lot to her...and me. I look forward to our next conversation."

There wasn't much else to say. He cleaned up a bit, but it wasn't long before he went back upstairs. Ricky checked on Marta - still sleeping soundly. He would do anything to protect her. It was then that the thoughts came. In his mind's eye Ricky saw himself standing over Gonzales' corpse. Ricky's hands were covered in blood that also splattered over his face and clothing. In his hand wasn't a gun, but a knife. This kill had been personal.

Ricky didn't like the thought. He joined the Atharim to fight monsters, not humans, but as he thought about it, he realized that Gonzales was just another monster.

Edited by Enrique, Apr 6 2015, 11:37 AM.