This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Case
"The Met? My interaction with them has been pretty formal I guess, I have a contact in the Serious Crimes Unit, but you probably know better than anyone, its a shitty organisation. I mean, they seem like good people, just trying to make do with what they have, its a bum deal for them really. Anyway, with all their problems there is more need for client-based work, so to be honest, I don't mind entirely."

Ellie stood up as he did, and reached out to shake his hand. His grip was firm. "Thanks for coming along, Alexander. I will let you know once I have made a decision."

She walked around her desk to see him out of the office, then watched as he left.

"He seems like a nice lad,"
Barry said from his desk, interrupting her thoughts. He didn't look up from his laptop, but carried on talking. "Could use a helping hand, by the looks of him. Do you still want to see the other interviewee?"

Ellie snorted at his hint, as she leaned against the door frame of her office. There was something about this guy that she couldn't put her finger on, which unsettled her somewhat. Intrigued her also. She had seen a spark of intelligence in his eyes, and something deeper lurking in them. Darkness, maybe? She couldn't figure him out. She depended on her ability to read people, their body language, their speech inflections. This guy was in pain, she could tell, but he said all the right things, and was keen to impress her. And he knew the city, and its people. Invaluable knowledge. She glanced over at her secretary. She liked to help people climb out of the shitstorms that life threw at them, Barry being a good example. This kid needed a chance to prove himself.

"Nah, I think I'm gonna give Alexander a shot. I have a thing for helping out underdogs,"
she replied with a wink. "Give the Birmingham guy a call back, then call Alexander and tell him he starts Monday, 8am."

"Certainly, Miss Fowles,"
he replied with a small smile. She raised her eyebrows at his use of her surname, then chuckled and turned back into her office.

Edited by Ellie Fowles, Sep 25 2015, 10:52 AM.