This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Object of My Fear
Aria nodded. "I helped the Regus translated an ancient manuscript by feeling what it held. Granted I didn't think it was much help but he seemed to think so. Told me of Apolloy's return. Showed me a broken, no slain serpent. Among many other things based on the feeling of destruction and doom I felt on that one lone peice of paper. So yes. I think I can feel something as recent as that. It may not be helpful. But it could provide weakness, or emotions, or just the fact that I know something could get me close to Ascendancy."
To have one's secret laid out before them, it's a powerful motivator. Look at her, because of a revealed secret she was hunting Ascendancy. Because of that secret she was now under scrutiny of the High Inquisitor. She hadn't really known Martin Borovsky was High Inquisitor. Good at his job, relentless. Merciless when it came to traitors. But still not High Inquisitor.

And now he wanted to know all about her abilities. About Sentients. Aria sighed and sat down on the floor this could be a while. Borovsky barely noticed he was lost in his own thoughts, those emotions she knew well. It was how you reacted when you found something useful, or potentially so. If it was to prolong her life an hour more she would reveal to what she knew, which wasn't exactly much.

"I have met no other than my father who was like me. My experience with this is very limited. But you want to know my abilities, I can tell you what I understand of them."
She had lied, she knew two other Sentients, but she wasn't about to give them up this this man. A man who wanted her dead. He could kill her and her secrets would die with her. It would keep Nox safe, and Aurora and Teyha. There were too many to count that she could keep safer with her death. But she didn't want to die, so she would speak, live another day. Live until they saw fit to end her life, she wasn't going to make it easy for them. Not anymore.

"I was trained to be Furia. I was trained like Furia. I learned how to sense emotions, to open myself to them, to smell them. I was told what an emotion would smell like. I learned to track those emotions. And as I came to understand my own abilities I could track any emotion, though I never told anyone what I was doing."

Aria looked up as he took notes. He was listening, watching her. It made Aria feel like a lab rat, but she continued anyway. "I can feel what a person is feeling. I can touch them and know more about them than just what's on top. I can influence someone to do something through emotions through touch. If a person is strong willed enough they can break free, but I've only seen it happen once."

Borovsky stirred, his glare returned and the dangerous pose in his posture told Aria that he was ready to lash out at her. "It was shortly after I learned what I was. I didn't know what I was doing, not really. I sought something, and never found it. But in that search I learned control. Unlike I've ever had before."

Aria looked down at the ground in front of her knees. "The world didn't overwhelm me anymore. I feel as normal as I can for someone like me. Always knowing when someone is lying, knowing what the feel as they are feeling it. Knowing the darkness inside them, what they really feel."

Aria looked up. "Like I know you hate the idea of working with me. Over me. You view me as useful but nothing more than a tool."
The rage filled his eyes but only the tightening of his lips were the visible signs she'd upset him. Aria waved her had dismissively, "It's how I've been treated my entire life. It's a common feeling."
It didn't seem to lighten the mood but his rage dimished some, but there was no concern, no empathy towards here situation.

"I'm still learning things I can do. There isn't much more to tell you. I feel everything, you name it I'm pretty sure I've felt it."
Martin listened as the girl spoke. He jotted down a few things as she spoke. She clearly didn't have any understanding outside her own experiences. But since she was the tool, he could use that. But he did not like knowing that she could read him as if he were a book. He frowned at her as she explained what he'd been feeling towards her. And she took it in stride.

He supposed that being used this way was common place for her, she was Furia. She was nearly a prisoner in the Vatican, here she had free reign. A tool working on her own. But it did seem to be fruitful. What if they'd let her off her leash long ago? He shuttered to think what powers could have manifested in the girl. He would kill her one day, but today was not that day.

Martin looked at the time on his watch and then he stood up and nodded. "Go to Siberia. Learn what you can. I want a full report."
He leaned on the desk in front of him so he could look down at her, his eyes intent, "Your American friends are your responsibility. The boy is at heel, she is not. One way or the other Aria, one way or the other. There is no in between on this. She either gains the tattoo or she doesn't step foot inside these walls again."

He walked to the door and put his hand on the knob. He turned back to her. "When you return. I will have a few jobs for you and your team to handle, under my guided hand of course."

With those parting words he left the girl in her office full of research. He still hadn't decided if he'd send loyal men after her. She had proven to be capable. He would let her be for now. He would test her loyalty in the days after her return. Martin would know for sure if she was truly one of them, or just a really good poser. But now, now he had a meeting with the Regus.

Continued here for Borovksy

Continued here for Aria
Edited by Borovsky, Feb 9 2015, 01:58 PM.