This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Library of Wonders
Aurora nodded, and smiled as perhaps Aria had sent her to someone like her for real. A godling among the Atharim. More? There always was more. She grinned as she considered the implications. Aria was already finding those like her, Nox told her stories of things Aria had done, of people she'd met, how she'd hunted monsters that were not hunted alone, how she succeeded. The improbable become possible all because of men who had been like him.

Aria was friends with Tehya, though friends was probably not the right word, Aria didn't look the type of girl who had many friends, her abilities keeping them at their face value to her, always knowing what someone felt and said that conflicted. Such a horrible life.

But Aurora smiled at the thought. Aurora didn't think her choice was that simple. Life was never that simple. She'd been born into the cause, she believed in protecting the innocent. But the hunt was not her thing, she was happy with Nox playing hunter with Aria. It had a sort of permanence too it. To their lives. Home!

Maybe Nox was right. But she was not in any hurry to take the tattoo, but it had been the reason she'd come. Her memories were still on their way back from their absence. She wished she had them all, specifically those that brought them to this course of action. But those reasons still floated in the ether of her mind. Aurora laughed at herself. "If only I could remember the conviction that had brought me to Moscow in the first place."
Ichiro's arrival in Moscow had been uneventful. The city was larger than Ichiro had expected. Osaka was by no means small, but Ichiro wasn't a big fan of large cities. Even in Osaka, he lived outside of the city in a more rural environment.

Ichiro had moved into a small apartment close to the Headquarters. When he wasn't hunting, he'd likely be spending time at the Headquarters, so it would minimize the walk. After getting settled in, Ichiro headed to Headquarters and let the appropriate people know of his arrival.

He then headed to the Library. The gods were reawakening. Ichiro knew this. He had slain a god and his brother. Ichiro liked reading and loved libraries. They were quiet and a good place to meditate or just read and think. That thought made Ichiro wonder why he had not decided to wear his gi and hakama. Instead he was wearing a black suit with a white shirt. He didn't wear a tie - Ichiro could never understand why people wore them.

Ichiro spied two young ladies have a discussion at a table. He bowed and smiled politely in greeting - They were after all his sisters in arms - and retreated to find a book that would interest him. He pulled a volume off of the shelf - a book about the South American godwars. He figured it would do. If the gods were back studying them could only help the Atharim in their mission. He found a table and sat down to read. He could still see the young ladies in their discussion, but he wouldn't bother them. They were otherwise engaged.

Edited by Yoshimura, Feb 2 2015, 04:01 PM.
The girl was missing memories? Surprise didn't cross her expression, though it was an unusual admission. Tehya paused a moment, before speaking. "Make new convictions, Aurora. Don't dwell on the past, especially if it remains hidden from you."
It was what she was doing anyway, Tehya supposed, in forging an exploration through what it meant to be Atharim. It was not a decision to make lightly, not with the sacrifices and demands it entailed, and if it was war she avoided, she might sadly have little choice given what Tehya suspected her to be. But the girl was not stupid, and Tehya would not condescend. She was here if needed, for whatever she was needed for.

She'd been studying Aurora's profile, but broke her gaze away now. An unfamiliar brother claimed a table a short distance away; Tehya was naturally aware of her peripheral, not wary but certainly alert in a way instinctive to her kind. The man smiled and bowed formally, and Tehya's head dipped in return. She appreciated the decorum.
Don't dwell on the past. That was easier said than done. The man who sat down near them caught her attention, but more of a cautionary tale than anything else. Aurora smiled at his nod and turned back to Tehya. "How can I not dwell on the past. It defined me. It made me who I am today. I'm here because my brother trusts Aria. I don't know."

She really didn't know. Aurora sighed.

"Aria is so... weird."
Aurora shook her head. It was just an observation she couldn't get over. "But Nox says she's a good hunter. And he trusts her..."
Aurora wanted to say with our secrets, but she hoped that it was implied, with now potentially actively listening ears Aurora didn't want to say she had secrets out loud, that would be bad.

"Aria did mention wanting to meet with you again. I don't know why. Said me and Nox should come too."
Aria was always cryptic. Weird girl.

She looked over at their new friend. "The hellhound..."
Aurora started sifting through the data to change the topic now with listening ears. It was a means of changing the topic and working all at the same time.
"The past still exists. It still defines you, even if you can't see all the paths that have led you to now. I just mean that you should continue to move forward; the memories will return if they're meant to."
Her grandfather would have known what to say to ease Aurora's mind, but though Tehya had soaked up his wisdom the whole of her childhood, she was not an elder. She didn't know how to soothe these legitimate fears and frustrations. But she would guide as best she knew how.

"Aria has had an unusual life."
The words were neutral, but Tehya did not approve of the way the Atharim had raised her. These days she found less and less she understood about the Old Order Atharim, so tied up with religion and dogma, blinded by how things were - how they thought they should be. Equilibrium was more important than judgement, but so frequently the Atharim judged like the gods they purported to hate. Tehya respected those that came before her, the Atharim's origins, their birth in fire, but she was not at all religious. The longer she stayed in Moscow, the more atrocity she spied in the halls of the organisation she loved, sins cast in the name of old words lost of meaning. It pained her.

"Aria knows how to find me. And you're welcome to call any time, Aurora, if you ever have need of me."
Tehya was not a social creature, but was resolute to her duty, and Aurora's gifts made her more sister than most. There was so little that could be openly said here, and Tehya was not good at shadowy talk; she preferred by far to be simple and direct. For now she moved on seamlessly. "They're relatively rare. We don't even exactly know where they come from, or how they reproduce - if they even do. There are plenty of theories, but nothing proven."
Nothing new there. Considering her personal history, Aurora might even know more than Tehya about the creatures.
Ichiro heard parts of the conversation the two young ladies were having although he tried to tune them out. It was impolite to eavesdrop, and he tried to focus on the story of the creation of the quetzalcoatlus.

He found it difficult to do and overheard that one of the young ladies was dwelling on the past - and also had forgotten memories. The words that the other woman offered were sound, and Ichiro was torn between not interrupting and offering words of advice and encouragement.

In the end, Ichiro stood and approached the ladies at their table. He bowed to them. Pardon my interruption. I could not help but overhear.
Ichiro spoke English well, but with an accent. He stood back up, and looked towards the woman who had lost memories. If I may offer some words, you're friend is right. Your past impacted who you are today, but only the present you can decide who you will be tomorrow, and as she said - your memory will return in time. To always focus on the past is to be like a boatman paddling against the current. It makes it difficult to go forward."

Ichiro gave her a smile and then bowed again. "Where are my manners? I am Yoshimura Ichiro. A brother from Osaka."

Edited by Yoshimura, Feb 4 2015, 03:10 PM.
Aurora wasn't exactly happy to have another stranger knowing her business. Her paranoia kicked in. He was a brother but still...

If it had been about the hell hound then it might have been different, but he presumed to understand what they were talking about. Aurora sighed. "I am not focusing on my past. I only wish I knew everything that brought me here."
The new comer would not understand. Tehya might if she were correct about her.

Aurora stood up and smiled at Tehya. "I should get back to my brother before he burns down the apartment."
She laughed, it wouldn't be the first time Nox had started a fire. When he was a kid it was matches, now a bit more than that but it wouldn't be the last time Nox caught something on fire. "He's such a child sometimes. Fire is such a fascination. Boys right."

Aurora smiled and bowed slightly to the brother who had joined them. "I really need to get back to him. It's been a pleasure."
Aurora turned to Tehya. "I will keep your offer in mind. Perhaps I'll see you again soon."

Aurora didn't offer her hand before leaving. She really had to get back to Nox, now that she said something he probably was burning the place down.
Ichiro smiled and bowed as.the young lady left, but frowned when she had left. He had not intended to offend her. He had only desired to help. He spoke.to the remaining lady. "I am sorry if I have offended you or your friend. I only meant to.offer some insight."

It saddened him that he may have upset the young lady that had let even though she didn't seem to be angry. He hoped he had not further destroyed her harmony.He hoped he would see her again so he could offer his full apology to her, but she had left fast enough that he was unable to. He wondered if he should go back to his book or converse with this other lady.

Edited by Yoshimura, Feb 5 2015, 06:46 PM.
She was not sure if Aurora grew spooked, or if she perhaps genuinely found the intrusion upon their conversation insulting. Either way, Tehya watched quietly as the girl politely excused herself, and nodded in both acknowledgement and goodbye. Her gaze only followed Aurora a second before it turned to Yoshimura, placid as two dark pools, non-judgemental.

"There is no offence taken,"
she offered. No smile soften her words, but such a gesture very rarely did where Tehya was concerned. The words were meant to soothe him nonetheless; she did not find his gesture at fault. A stranger would have gotten little more out of her, but a brother at least deserved the courtesy of a name offered in kind. "I'm Tehya."
Ichiro bowed at the offered name. "Thank you. It is a pleasure to meet you, Tehya-san."
Ichiro stood up from his bow. "If I may ask, what culture does the name Tehya come from. It is a name I have never heard before."

It was out of interest that he asked the question. He enjoyed learning about other cultures and perhaps he would look more into Tehya's culture depending on what he knew already.

Although she was seated, he was fairly sure that Tehya would be taller than he was if she stood. Ichiro took a seat at the table. He was unsure about doing it without asking. If he was in Osaka he would have, but he knew some out of Japan got annoyed at all their politeness.

As she answered, Ichiro listened, but wondered what her job was with the Atharim. If she was a hunter, perhaps they would hunt, but she was in the library, so she could have been one of the more studious types. Perhaps she was a little bit of both like Ichiro considered himself.