This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cornering the Meaning of Dreams
It had happened too fast. The first sentence out of Connor's mouth made sense. Then "Marry me" popped out. Ayden blinked in stunned silence. Of course she was happy, but they barely knew each other, marriage? She'd never thought of herself as a wife, much less a bride. She wasn't the typical girl who thought about her wedding. Though she did like to wander through the shops and daydream when she was younger. But after getting into the army? All those flights of fancy left. The girl inside was replaced with something else.

Ayden smiled at Connor and kissed him softly and whispered "Yes."
Ayden leaned back and took Connors face in her hands and no longer whispered, "BUT, we need to go slowly about this. This is huge for both of us. I'll say yes, but not soon."

Shock and happiness and things she hadn't felt since she was little girl getting her first gun from her step-father. The day he'd take her out and she'd bruised her shoulder so bad she could barely write in school the next day. Giddy was not the word she'd use now, but it certainly felt that way.

Ayden smiled playfully at Connor. "You sure you want to do this? Marry me? The crazy girl you met lugging a box of weapons to her flat?"
He waited, hoping. She kissed him, smiled at him and whispered "Yes"
. His heart soared and his face broke into a grin. Then she took his face in her hands. "BUT, we need to go slowly about this. This is huge for both of us. I'll say yes, but not soon."
His face hurt, he was grinning so hard.

"I can wait, Ayden. Just that you said 'yes' is enough."
He gathered her to him until they were as close as possible. "You said 'yes'. That's all that matters to me. Because I'm not going anywhere. You have my heart, Ayden. Everything I have and I am is yours."

Then she smiled playfully him. He felt his heart race. That smile definitely had an effect on him, oh yes it did. And she definitely could tell too, he was sure. "You sure you want to do this? Marry me? The crazy girl you met lugging a box of weapons to her flat?"

In answer he kissed her as thoroughly as he knew how. And after that, proceeded to be as thorough with her in every other way too. This was among the happiest and most satisfying nights of his life and it was all due to her.

And for a second time that night, once she had been satisfied and he was completely spent, he fell asleep next to her, arms around her, content and at peace.

<small>[[Continued in Days like these]]
</small>

Edited by Connor Kent, Aug 27 2014, 04:11 PM.