This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Eye of the Tiger
Giovanni smiled at the chill and the flick on his ear. That was a nice secret to know. Connor's fiance was like him - and had proven that the chill meant a female channeler. Giovanni stored that away for future use.

Caos started to seethe though at the audacity of the woman - she was a goddess yes, but to strike at him for a little bit of fun. That just wasn't allowed. Only Oriena was allowed to do that - for some reason - she had an exception - Giovanni didn't even understand that she had hooked her claws into him.

His anger flashed only briefly as he faced Ayden - he wouldn't retaliate - for Connor's sake he wouldn't. That and Ordine told him that she was just joining in on the fun too. His two companions were so alike and so different. Giovanni reached out a hand to pull Connor to his feet. "It was only a bit of fun, Signorina."
Ayden looked up at Giovanni with a smile. "It may be in fun, but he doesn't have your advantages, so I think I'll make sure you play fair."

Why was it that it seemed everyone she met doubted that the opposite sex could wield magic, was it so foreign to think things worked both ways? Work differently yes, but to be completely null of magic? Ayden nodded, trying to hide her thoughts from displaying on her face.

"It works differently. Sebastian could weild magic as well."
Ayden didn't mention that he'd killed with his magic, but if she surmised that all on her own the better off she'd be.

Ayden looked at Emily's and shrugged at her inability to tell that a man was wielding his power. Ayden had taken it for granted, didn't really know why she saw a glow around women and not men. But it was not something that surprised her, maybe it was her line of work, to expect the unexpected.

Emily spoke softly on the subject of her inability to obtain the power, it was the only assumption Ayden could come to with the line of questions. Ayden smiled. "It took me years to be able to control my ability because I didn't know what I was doing. I couldn't draw upon the power when I wanted, only when I was anxious, when shit was about to hit the fan. We can work on that."

It clicked with him when Ayden came over gave Giovanni a friendly warning. He laughed as Giovanni apologized and held out his hand to help him up. "Forgot about that. Yeah, play fair."
He smiled and mock threateningly said, "Or I'll stop holding back."
He laughed at the fun of it all.

For a moment a twinge of sadness hit him as he imagined being able to joke with Hayden like this, to be able watch him grow into it and use it. Hayden would have been a blessing to people. I miss you so much bud. I wish you were here. He looked at Ayden with a smile, thinking about his life. Missing Hayden didn't mean that he couldn't be happy. He had to appreciate what he had.

He walked over to her at the ropes- his lionness, so fiercely protective- and pulled her to him, heedless of the ropes between them. "I love you Ayden.
He kissed her deeply.

When he was done he tapped her nose and smiled and winked at her. "Got my second wind."
He got back in the ring and kind of danced around. "Ready?
Emily smiled at Connor and Ayden's exchange - they were really cute together. She waited until Connor got back into the ring. She wasn't really interested in the fight.

She stood next to Ayden and smiled. "Yet another thing you can teach me. I'm going to start calling you Professor."

She let her mind drift - Andrew's call came back to her mind. To be honest, she really liked it here - why else would someone come to Moscow in January on vacation. She could live here - and she wanted to - but she wondered if it was right for her company.

Here she had friends. She used to have friends in Chicago, but with the changeover, it hadn't been the same. They were intimidated by her now - she was their boss. It made her sad and she had many lonely days. She wondered if Ayden really knew how much she meant it when she said Ayden was a good friend. She still missed her mom and dad. It was difficult trying to fill their shoes everyday and not remember them. The pain in her gut was gone.

Emily knew she could tell her everything - how much she missed her mom and dad and how often she worried about whether or not she was doing the right thing. She could tell Ayden that without her, Emily would probably be in her room in a large house that her parents built crying because she missed them and was so stressed. Ayden helped her find a release for that and learn to relax a bit.

Emily decided to wait though. She knew the emotions weren't exactly Ayden's forte. Ayden had never turned her away when she was upset, but this could wait for another time, so when she turned back to Ayden, Emily was all smiles.

"So Professor, when are we having lessons?"
Giovanni watched in wonder at the interaction between Connor and Ayden. He blinked in confusion and uncertainty. He tried to understand what he was seeing.

"Love..."

Love. Giovanni thought of the word - one that was both familiar and unfamiliar, and his eyes softened as he contemplated it. It wasn't just the kiss - it was everything - the way they spoke and stood and gazed. Giovanni knew that no matter what - they would do whatever they could for the other seeking no gain for themselves.

"Love..."
Ordine repeated the word as Giovanni watched Connor return to the ring and get ready for another round.

Although his eyes were focused on Connor, his mind was elsewhere. His thoughts drifted, wondering if he was capable of this phenomenon. "Yes..."

His thoughts moved from that to his mood swings - anger to contentment and back again. They seemed to always be shifting back and forth and for the first time, he was conscious of it.

"Help...priest..."

Giovanni remembered the priest - the one at the hospital the day he killed Luciano and met Oriena. The priest had been concerned and had said a prayer for him. He said God forgave sins, but Giovanni wondered if God would forgive him or if he was too far gone now to change.

Giovanni shook his head and came out of the distraction. Connor was there, appearing ready. "What...oh yeah...I think I can go another round."

There was something inside of him saying that it was a bad idea to fight while distracted, but nonetheless Giovanni prepped himself.
Ayden nearly melted at Connor's kiss. He had taken her by surprise the day they met and he continued to do so each and every day since then. Ayden watched as he danced off into the center of the ring ready to go at the spar again. She couldn't help but smile, she gave Giovanni a friendly warning smile.

Ayden laughed at the nickname Emily had given her. She was hardly a professor, much less a mentor of any kind, but she'd help those she could, when she could. It was the least she could do for people after her old career. Countless dead at her hands. The dreams of blood lingered in her mind and Ayden had to shake her head to make the images float away. There was something haunting about seeing it while awake.

Emily was ready to learn, probably more excited than Zoya had been, Zoya hadn't believed her, Emily knew different. Not only had she willing touched the power, she'd done so knowingly, and knew enough to call upon it herself. But she was like a witch, spells and magic to make it work, when all it was was surrendering. That had been the hardest part for Ayden, the surrendering. It was the only thing in her life at the time that she'd willing surrendered for, now she had two, and she'd do it again in a heartbeat if Connor asked. She smiled as she looked down at the ring on her finger. She had willing submitted herself to an ordinary life. It would still take time to get used to but she was getting there.

Ayden turned her smile to Emily. "Whenever you want. Just not here, privacy is more equipped for the lesson you need to learn."
Emily saw Giovanni's expression. The look of confusion on his face was almost amusing, but it made Emily sad. It looked like he didn't understand what was going on between Ayden and Connor. Not understanding love had to make someone a very lonely man.

She would take Ayden's advice and not allow herself to get too close to him, but like Sebastian, maybe she could stay friends. Giovanni and Connor looked as if they were about to start a second round, but Giovanni was distracted. Emily could see his mind lost in his thoughts.

She knew that Connor wouldn't go to hard on him - it's not like it was a real fight. Seeing Ayden and Connor though always made her smile - and she had just met Connor. They were so adorable together.

Emily wrapped an arm around Ayden's waist in a side hug and laid her head on Ayden's shoulder. "Professor - you're going to make a beautiful bride."
She released the hug and smiled, deciding to watch the fight for once.

Edited by Emily Shale, Jan 8 2015, 02:48 PM.
The rest of the fight went well. By the time they were done, he was covered in sweat. "Good man. That was fun,"
he said while breathing hard. "We'll have to do that again."

He looked over and saw Ayden and Emily chatting. He smiled. He was glad to see that she was making connections. Ayden wasn't super open with a lot of people. It made sense. Her old life and all that. But now she was Ayden for good. She'd changed all that.

She'd done that for him. Sometimes it made him sad. Not that she stopped doing what she did. That wasn't a good life. But that she'd done it for him. There was a part of him that was afraid that over time she'd get bored with him. Or resent him. But he couldn't think that way. He would not let fear of loss rule him anymore. She was worth the risk. She was the start of a new future.

He said his goodbyes to Giovanni and Emily, making sure to get the man's contact info. He still needed to warn him about the Atharim database. That had slipped his mind but now wasn't the time.

He put his arm around her, pulling her to his sweaty body while laughing. She pushed him away with mock disgust fighting her laughter. "Hey! I thought you loved me!"
Then, smiling ,"Let's go home. I'm starving."

It was a new world for him. And he was glad to be here.
Ayden wasn't sure how well this new friendship was going to go but Emily was a good friend though she wasn't sure how that was going to go with her being an American CEO and all, she was on vacation right now. Oh well. Ayden smiled at her comment.

They didn't chat much more they watched the men fight. Connor moved well, he was getting more of that boxer's gracefulness the more he had trained. It played well in the bedroom as well.

When he was done he was being his usual goofy self and Ayden had to play along. He always brought that side out in her. Ayden kissed Emily on the cheek in farewell. "Call me when you've time, and we'll set up a date to learn learn a few more things."

Ayden and Connor went home. Their apartment was warm and she cooked a good lunch for her and Connor. It felt good to be good at something other than waiting tables. She liked taking care of Connor. It was a good life, but it still was hard getting used to it.
Emily smiled at Ayden when she kissed her on the cheek and left. There was so much that Emily wanted to tell Ayden. The more Emily thought about it, the more she wanted this Moscow thing to happen. She had begun to realize that there were too many ghosts in Chicago. Maybe it was time for a change.

Emily found herself alone with Giovanni. He had seemed like a nice man, but Ayden wasn't sure. It had Emily a bit confused. At least now, Emily felt like she wanted some alone time, so it wouldn't be an issue. She ran through scenarios in her head as Giovanni approached her.