This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[Domovoi] All Hell...
"Human ingenuity has over come plenty of 'impossibles.' We will find a way of beating this too. While I'm quite certain other branches of the government, surely far more qualified and better funded, are working on this very problem, we still need to do what we can."
The monsters in the tunnels were a unique problem; one that they could not openly confront. Not without drawing attention the government did not want to give to the other problems down there.

Namely the thousands of illegal immigrants hiding beneath the city streets. A disturbing thought crossed his mind again; that the only reason those monsters weren't in the city's streets and in the public eye already, was that they had that surplus population to prey on. And a darker thought, readily discarded but no less disturbing for the fact that it had surfaced at all; where there elements in the government that were aware of that very benefit of all those unregistered illegals? That they were the shield between Moscow's citizenry and the things that were down there?

"Well, Detective Vega. You have, perhaps, the least enviable task ahead of you. We need to know what your old family is going to do now. And if there are any in their number like yourself, they need to know they have somewhere to turn."

He nodded in agreement with Officers Johnson and Sarkozy, "You're right. And that's where Sarkozy comes in."
He would let Ivan explain that himself; it was not a time to have any more secrets then were strictly necessary, and if magic was officially recognized by the government, then the police force would have to accept it as well.

Dorian nodded. He actually knew the first order of business without having to call home. "I can't tell you beyond today's plan. "
Dorian nodded towards the list. "Unless you can give me an adequate excuse as to why I printed that list out, my time with the Atharim has ended."

Dorian sighed and continued. "But the first action by the Atharim at this present moment is going to be take down Ascendancy. He is the source of the problem, then they will cut out the cancer as it spreads outward from there until the Atharim no longer exist."
It had been done for millennia this way. Dorian knew that this time was different. Media and technology had spread the word across the globe instantaneously.

"As for others like myself. There is a boy uniquely qualified. He has helped one of our own for no gain other than the desire to help."
Dorian nodded towards Ivan before continuing. " He was born Atharim. He is a godling inside the Atharim. And he is currently watching over my son and my home teaching my boy how not to blow things up. But where there is one, there will be more. He has at least one friend inside and on his side."
Dorian thought, I can't imagine that the little song doesn't know.

Edited by Dorian, Sep 5 2016, 08:21 AM.
Ivan had a feeling he knew who Vega was talking about. Nox. He remembered the man with appreciation. He'd practically taken the guy's head off down in the tunnels. But it was all part of Nox's plan. And now the power was hes to command at will.

He nodded at the cap. "My abilities do not approach that of the Ascendancy. I don't know that they ever will. It appears to be just like a muscle, though. The more I work at it, the stronger I get. I have much to learn, but from the beginning I told Ascendancy that I lived to serve the Dominance. I can explain what I know though."

With that, he launched into an demonstration of the power. The various threads of elements and how they worked together. He explained, too, that continued use was tiring. They needed to know his limitations, when they could depend on him and what he was capable of.

When he was done he gave them this, with a smile and determination. "I will give you this assurance. I will push myself to learn as much and as fast as possible. Domovoi will get my best- and more."

There was still a lot to do and the meeting had gone on for a long time. He hoped the Cap would dismiss them so they could get to it.

Edited by Ivan Sarkozy, Sep 16 2016, 09:40 PM.
Sarkozy's explanation and demonstration were, for some, the first chance they had had to try and grasp just what they were dealing with. New training programs would be needed, desperately, to try and weed out those in the CDPS that would not be able to cope with the new revelations, and to properly equip those that could.

As for Vega's explanation, there was little that could be done. Aside from assuring the man was watched, else risk him ending up on an Atharim chopping block. There was too much bad blood between the Atharim and the police already, and having them start hunting each other was not what the world needed.

It would be up to people like Dr Pirozzi to establish a common ground for identifying and treating those that could be rehabilitated and those that could not. It would not be a pleasant task, with far too narrow a line to try and walk, but the only other option was incarceration, induced comas, and worse.

"I think that's enough. We've work to do, and I suspect little time to do it in. Find those magic users on this list that have not already registered. I fear the Atharim will be picking up the pace on their hunts now that this is coming into the open. And keep an ear out. If they divert their efforts to these people, who knows what monsters they may miss."