This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Miscellaneous Errands
Nox grinned "You'll see."
Nox didn't want to make it like she'd like Nova cause Nova was a dog. It wasn't because of what she was, it was because the cute little fluff ball was just that a cute little fluff ball. And Nova was getting stronger. He'd called the vet several times since he'd been gone to check on him. He'd been assured the puppy was getting stronger and there were no lasting effects from the explosion or his stint as a homeless dog. They all loved him there. What's not to love about a puppy.

They chatted about things, Nox avoided the topic of who they were going to meet, though Nox was excited to see the little one again. It made him sad, but it also brightened his day. He missed Aurora and this is one last thing they could share together. Nox was certain he'd have hated the dog when he found the abandoned dog at his home. But cute and fluffy was something he actually had a soft sport for. He'd have warmed up eventually.

Now it was a life line to Aurora. Their last connection...

Nox avoided the warehouse, he could have taken a shorter route to the vet's office in the Red Light District, but he didn't want to see the remnants of his former home. He didn't own the building and he's not sure what Bas' friends actually did with it. For all he knew it was still a pile of rubble. And he couldn't do that right now. Last thing he needed was to fall into despair and cry again. Fucking emotions!

The vet's office looked like a whole in the wall dump, but once inside things got better. There was a little boy sitting on one of the couches playing with a wallet. He looked up as the door tinkled. Nox smiled at him and turned his attentions to the assistant who looked up from her desk. "Hi. I'm here to pick up Nova."

The woman grinned. "We are going to miss that little guy."

Nox laughed. "I'll bring him back when it's time. He'll visit often I'm sure in our line of work."

The woman frowned. "You best not be hurting him."

Nox shook his head. "No ma'am. He's gonna be a Private Investigator."

She nodded and looked at Nox like he was some alien. "I'll go see if the doc is ready to release him. He wasn't in the greatest shape when you brought him in."

"I know ma'am. But that wasn't my fault. I found him like that."
Except the dust covered and cuts - that was Bas' fault. Blowing up my home.

It was only a few moments before the nurse walked back out with a little fluff ball that was Nova. His blue and amber eyes light up the moment he saw Nox and his white and black fluffy tail wagged and the poor thing could barely walk he was so excited. Nox bent down and petted Nova. "Hey there. Glad you remember me."

"He was depressed that first few days. But he perked up."

Nox looked up. "Thanks for watching him. I couldn't take him with me. What do I owe you?"
Nox picked Nova up and held him while he paid the vet bill - far more than his own medical expenses. Maybe healing wouldn't be so bad to learn...

Nox settled the bill and turned back to Elyse with Nova in his arms. "Elyse. I'd like you to meet Nova. Nova, this is Elyse."
Nova yipped.

Elyse followed Nox through the Red Light District. They came up to a semi-shabby looking building and entered, and Elyse's senses were filled with the scent of animals, sterilization, and medicines. She smiled - they were at a vet's office.

Nox went to the desk and spoke to the woman about picking up Nova. Elyse began to get excited. She loved animals. From the conversation he had with the receptionist, it sounded like Nova was a fun animal. Finally the woman went back and retrieved the dog.

Elyse just watched as Nox picked Nova up and paid the bill and then turned to her. Her eyes glittered with excitement as Nox introduced them. Elyse had tried before and she knew she didn't have the connection with dogs as she did with wolves. There was something about wolves that dogs didn't have, and thus she couldn't communicate with Nova as she did with wolves.

But Elyse knew enough. She stepped forward and held out her hand for Nova to sniff. Nova sniffed and then began to lick her hand. Elyse pet him on the head and scratched him on the ear. Nova closed his eyes in pleasure.

"He's beautiful."
she said. Nova had moved to lick her hand again and Elyse laughed.
Nova liked Elyse. The assistant stepped around and scratched behind Nova's ear too and he leaned that way then the other and he couldn't make up his mind. Nox grinned. "Maybe Nova should be short for Casanova."

There was a soft chuckle behind Nox and he turned to see who was laughing at his joke. The doc who'd taken care of Nova stood behind him. He couldn't forget her green eyes - so unlike Aria's but very bright none-the-less. Nox grinned. "He charmed you too I'm sure."

She smiled. "Yes. And my son, and Ariana here. And every student we had in the back. You have a handful in that one."

Nox smiled. "Maybe that's why we get along so well. Both handfuls."
Nox winked at the vet. "Due for shots in a few months? And the dreaded fixing shortly there after correct?"

She nodded. "Yes. Don't let him eat whatever he wants. He'll get fat."

Nox grinned. "Oh he'll be working it all off if I have any say in the matter."
Nox offered his hand. "Thank you for taking good care of Nova. We've been through a lot already together."

"My pleasure." She took his hand and then handed Nox a bag of things. "You will need these."

Nox took the bag of goodies and smiled. "Almost as much stuff as a baby."
He wrapped his arm around Elyse and set Nova down. "Let's go see what Dorian thinks of a puppy running around."
Nox didn't think this was going to go over well. It was one thing to bring his strays in - but this was a completely different story.
Edited by Nox, Sep 27 2016, 02:28 PM.
Elyse walked with Nox, occasionally bending down to give Nova a pet. Otherwise, she kept next to Nox, her arm around him. The puppy was energetic, but also very well behaved. That boded well for the future - and for the meeting of Nova and Dorian.

Elyse chatted with Nox on the way back and smiled. Despite how her life had turned around, she felt okay today. Nova did a lot to help with that at the very least. She laughed at Nox's quip about obedience lessons. "Yes, he's a very good boy."
she said bending down to scratch his ears. Nova gave her a doggy grin.

They got back to the house and Elyse put her hand to her mouth as Nova started running towards the traps she knew Nox had made even though she couldn't see him. Thankfully, the dog was okay after his run in and he whined as he walked over to them.

They headed into the house and Nox handed her a wallet procured by Nox's hacker friend Sage. The wallet had a label on it that simply said "Nox's girlfriend," and Elyse chuckled a bit. There were two others she assumed were for Nox and Aria. Sure enough, she found those numbers programmed into her wallet already.

"Tell Sage I say thanks,"
she said with a smile