This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unexpected Guest
Sierra smiled and held Elyse. She liked having a warm body in her bed it was comforting. "I'm not going anywhere."

Sierra drifted to sleep shortly after Elyse's breathing evened out and stepped into the dream to watch over her friend. Nothing would bother her. She would make sure of it.

(( gonna leave it here, if you want to dream that's cool, if not, you can move them to the next day ))
For the first time since the nightmares, Elyse slept well. She fell into a deep, dreamless sleep. When she awoke, the sun was streaming through the bedroom window. Next to her, Sierra slept calmly. Elyse was warm, but she pulled closer to Sierra and adjusted the blanket over them.

Elyse didn't want to get out of bed yet. She would wait for Sierra to get up. Elyse still didn't want to be alone, but she had to admit it felt good not to be exhausted.
Waking up was always difficult when you were in the wolf dream. Sierra was tired still like she'd been up all night. But her body slept, while her mind was in the dream world. She watched over Elyse and contacted the wolves nearby while she was there.

Chasing Butterflies was there as was her pup. They would welcome them as soon as they hit the edge of their territory. Sierra felt Elyse stir and woke shortly after she moved closer. The warmth was nice, but they had a long day ahead if they wanted to hit the pack before night fall.

"You still want to go meet the wolves?"
When Sierra woke up, Elyse released her and sat up. "Yes. I think it would be helpful."
Elyse stood up and got some clothes back on.

"Thanks for letting me sleep. I haven't slept like that in a long time."

Elyse finished getting dressed. "All I own is in that bag...so...is there anything else we need?"

"Do you have warm clothes? Some blankets I have, whatever you might think you want for camping."

Elyse nodded. She had warm clothes, so she went to another part of the apartment and checked on supplies. She grabbed some containers to keep some water in as well as a flashlight and some batteries. They probably wouldn't need them because of their abilities, but it was worth having just in case. Elyse also packed some supplies for starting fires. Elyse had her pistol and crossbow.

Elyse went back to the room, saying what she packed. She assumed that Sierra would get some blankets. "Do you think we need anything else...oh...maybe some knives?"
Sierra grabbed her bag and some extra blankets. She shook her head at Elyse. "I have knives. If we need them."
Her pack was never truly unpacked, she lived out of it no matter where she went.

Together Sierra and Elyse headed for the first train out of the city. It didn't take you out, but it was better than walking through the slime and sludge that Sierra associated with human life. She was happy to be leaving again. Her camera was slung around her neck and her backpack and bow on her back. She was going home.

The last train was at the edge of the city. They got off and headed towards the outskirts of town. The rest of the walk was going to take a few hours before they even reached the forests edge. "You sure you are ready for this. A little while in the woods, no bathrooms, no bed, no electricity?"
Elyse felt excitement, but the pain was still there. It ached almost constantly and sometimes flared up into something more. On the train ride, she almost started crying a couple of times, but she held together. As they exited the city, Elyse asked if she was ready for this.

It was about more than being ready. Elyse needed this. She needed to be able to control herself, and she needed to get to know herself as well. Escaping from civilization would help she thought.

"I'm ready. I need this,"
she said determined.

Elyse and Sierra stepped out, heading towards the spot where they would meet the pack. "There's still pain,
she told the other woman. "I just think you should know."

Elyse reached out for the wolves and found two of them. They were still pretty far away. They spoke to her. "Chases Butterflies and Stinging Nose..."
she whispered.
The walk was a good stretch of the legs. But Sierra stopped with the forest just in view. It would be another 20 minutes she gathered to the forests edge. The pack was well inside, but there was a wolf to greet them. Sierra had sensed his presence before she saw him. He was still learning not to broadcast everything. He was still a pup but he'd grown much since Sierra had been gone.

His mother waited at the edge of the forest. Chasing Butterflies was in charge of the humans in the area that could talk to wolves. She took care of them, much like her own pup. It would be Chase who helped Elyse.

Stinging Nose romped through the tall grass. He ran circles around her and Elyse. The conversation was that of images. Basically how excited he was to meet Silent Fang and see Long Eye again. He missed humans. He liked humans...
Like Sierra, Elyse sensed the wolves before she saw them. Chasing Butterflies and Stinging Nose waited for them outside of the forest. The latter was still a pup and a rather excitable one at that. The pup jumped around the pair sending a lot of messages. It was difficult for Elyse to decipher what all the young wolf was saying.

Chase, on the other hand, was calm and waited. Sitting on top of the hill watching her pup and the two humans approach. Elyse sent a polite greeting to the older wolf. Images were sent that told Elyse that the older wolf would guide here. Elyse was grateful.

Elyse adjusted her pack and turned to face Sierra. "I'm ready,"
she said, waiting for the other woman to come with.
Stinging nose led the way to his mother all the while bouncing around. Sierra introduced Elyse to the mama wolf with a series of images. The fact that she and Elyse needed to communicate in words was going to complicate things. Sierra didn't know if Elyse could do it at the same time. Sierra had troubles and she'd had a wolf with her through most of her early years learning her ability.

Chasing Butterflies led the way into the forest to meet the rest of the pack...

(( I don't know what could happen.... so if you've any ideas other than helping Elyse through her stuff just go ahead and do it... otherwise this is going to be a boring thread ))
The duo had been with the wolves for a few days, and the first few days passed with little incident. Elyse was learning, and at this point she could at least choose to enter or stay out of the dream. Without the other wolves, she hardly entered. The fear of the nightmares she had were still there.

Elyse hadn't cried much in the past couple of days either, which in itself was a blessing. She had been busy enough that she hadn't thought of Nox and she hadn't felt the pain of betrayal.

But now in the early hours of the morning, the pain returned and the tears came. Even though she had been busy, her emotions had fluctuated often. The wolves had noticed, and Sierra already knew what was going on. Elyse tried to keep it to herself, not because of lack of trust, but because she didn't want to burden others with her tears.

Elyse cried wanting to seek solitude, but not wanting to wake the woman sleeping next to her. Elyse and Sierra usually slept next to each other at night, and Elyse was grateful for her contact. So Elyse stayed where she was, allowing the tears to fall as the sun rose.

Elyse had hoped she would finish before the others awoke, but she was soon approached by wolf pup. Stinging nose came to her and nuzzled her before laying down next the pair. Elyse wiped her eyes and waited for the rest of the day.