This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Duet
Nicholas laughed humorlessly at Dane's response. The man's attitude seemed all too common, especially back home. "I'd rather be the fireman than the arsonist. Besides, if everything goes as planned we have a couple billion years."
That was as good as eternity to Nicholas, something worth protecting.

In the end it all came down to good men and great men. Most could choose to be one or the other; if Nicholas' plans were to come to fruition he would need to be both. That brought a smirk. Already thinking like I'm there.

He looked up at his surroundings. The lounge had long since filled. He'd been gone for too long already, and Reed was probably about ready to kill him. He got the feeling she didn't like him being anywhere she couldn't easily swoop in on.

"I've got to get going."
Nicholas pulled a card from his coat pocket and slid it across the bar. They were old fashioned, but still convenient. Tapping wallets wasn't exactly fluid or intuitive. Besides, Dane seemed like the type to appreciate that sort of thing. "Next time I'm in Moscow I'll make the ballet up to you."
The fact that Dane was the second person he'd met in the world with the ability to channel magical powers made him more than worth keeping contact with.

<small>((There! You're free. Sorry, I've been busy/tired!))</small>