This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Disappointment
Ilesha's eyes widened when Claire offered up yet another gift. Visions? like in seeing the future? That had to put an interesting spin on life. Not something Ilesha wanted to deal with having this unique call to earth was one thing, but to see the future? No not something she'd want. But the news of other elements she could learn to use that had possibilities. What could she accomplish with more than just earth?

So when the other woman handed her a card she took it gratefully. To meet other people like her was one thing, to learn might be something worth staying in Moscow for. Ilesha glanced at the card in her fingers and she could feel her eyes grow even wider. A house of burlesque stuck her and Ilesha couldn't fight the blush that rose to her cheeks hopefully hidden by her complexion but still there none-the-less. She didn't mean to say it out loud. "You work here."

Ilesha was not a novice in such things but it wasn't something she was going to go on and share with anyone other than her partner. Working there could mean many things she shouldn't make assumptions. Instead she changed her thinking. "I don't even own anything that would look the part."
Her repertoire of clothes ranged from coveralls and jeans to at the minimum a pretty dress for those important Church functions her parents forced her on - major holidays and such special occasions. Nothing even remotely worthy of going to any sort of club especially not a club like Kallisti.

Edited by Ilesha, Aug 8 2016, 07:42 AM.
Claire didn't mind the hesitation. After growing up as the daughter of a psychic shop, and all the controversy that brings, being confused for a stripper was hardly offensive.

"Yep. I work there. It's not what it sounds like. Kallisti is different."

She looked Ilesha over again. She wouldn't make it the front door. The place wasn't Manifesto, but it wasn't a dive either.

"You could come to the back. Or if you'd prefer, we could meet somewhere else. I know what it's like to feel alone. Someone helped me at first and it's only right that I pass it on."

Claire never thought of herself as charitable. But she felt bad for the poor girl. Like a lost puppy. She wanted to adopt her.
(( I have been writing Ilesha against character so don't mind the switch... sorry, new character ))

Ilesha nodded at the suggestion. But it was not like she couldn't be presentable. Ilesha offered a smile - it didn't reach her eyes. "Or I could go shopping. Money isn't an object. But I have no idea where to go in Moscow to buy anything appropriate - or even what would be considered appropriate"

It was an offhanded invintation for Claire to come with her. She wasn't sure if the woman had other things to do. They could always do it later. Its not like Ilesha had anything better to do - the study proved pointless. She mumbled to herself. "I wonder why we can't feel anything."
But it was a puzzle for a later time. And one she intended to figure out.
"You'll be happy to hear that we sit within sight of the city's most luxurious department store there is!"

Claire swung an arm and pointed at the nearby GUM.

"Even with my salary at Kallisti, I've never been able to afford so much as a pair of shoes there. But oh my god, you'll die once you see inside. It's incredible."

Longing eyes pulled away, the weight of last night settled on her shoulders. "I need some sleep first. I've been up since yesterday. We can meet later this evening if you are free? I never turn down shopping!"

If money was no object, all the better
Ilesha turned to start at the mall behind them. So close to the Kremlin - it almost seemed like blasphemy. But she supposed even the Ascendancy needed to shop right?

Ilesha nodded. "I can do some sight seeing. 6 sound good? I don't know what time they close."
She could look it up but right now it didn't matter. She didn't have anything else to do. She had a few more days in Moscow before she went back home, the rest of the time she'd figured she'd spend doing exactly that - seeing the sights.

Moscow as old country. It held all sorts of gems.

After Ilesha and Claire parted ways for the time, Ilesha wandered around Moscow. She first took the tour of the Kremlin and laughed slightly as the tour guide stumbled over the newest addition to the tour in place of her normal monologue... "The nec...." Pregnant pause as she stared at the missing necropolis and saw a horse glaring down at her. It was amusing watching the woman fumble. It was the best part of the tour.

She went to an old monastery and took it's tour. She wasn't religious by any standards and the cemetery was beautiful. Creepy but still a piece of art.

Ilesha walked down Nikolskaya street towards the Red Square. She stopped into the Baccarat mansion and found their tour to be the most interesting. The pieces of glass and crystal on display were exemplary. Ilesha could sit and stare at them for hours. She wished she could have touched them with earth, but she was afraid that would set off an alarm. There was so much she didn't understand about the earth that she was eager to see Claire again, even if it was just shopping - a task usually dreaded. But this, this is different. This was a way to meet a very specific goal - and to meet new people like her.

Ilesha stood outside the GUM and waited for Claire as she ran through several apps on her wallet picking up a few messages she'd missed while she it was on silent - she was on vacation - no one was supposed to disturb her.
After a day of sleep, Claire was excited to meet for a shopping trip. She dressed in her most expensive outfit and recognizable designer shoes and bag. The shop workers would treat her differently or down right ignore them otherwise. Ilesha said money was no object-Claire wondered who she was to make that so. Other than being from NY.

Hair styled and makeup flawless, Claire found her ready to go.

"Hi!" She waved, pushing through people to get to Ilesha. "I have to get a bite to eat first. Otherwise I'll be drunk after two shops. They always offer a drink and who can turn that down?!"
Drunk after the second shop? Ilesha blinked. She didn't typically shop at the upscale stores at home. She supposed they did the same, her mother never said they had, but that didn't mean they didn't. "I could eat."

The food court in the GUM was extravagant. There were the normal things mixed in between places that served caviar and escargot and things you'd never see in any mall in New York. Not anyone she'd ever been in anyway.

Everything was almost overwhelming. "So what would you suggest?"
She was just going to be the money today. Really she had no idea where to start, what to do, where to go. Ilesha didn't shop outside of thrift stores, not because she couldn't afford things, she didn't see the need to buy things completely brand new when all she was going to do was cover them in grease anyway.

Ilesha was thankful she was on vacation and not working on bikes right now, she would feel completely out of place and that was a feat in and of itself as she normally didn't care what she looked like. But in the presence of all these rich and famous, Ilesha felt inadequate and that was non-sense. She was probably smarter than half of them combined.

They ate dinner in comfort at one of the plush tables before a view of the Red Square. Claire advised that they stay with lighter fare. It was never good to bulk up then go shopping! They needed to feel as thin as possible.

The actual shops were easy to decide between, but Claire shook her head when asked where to go first. "No shops yet. First is hair and make up. This way!
Ilesha was certain that she could do her own hair and makeup she wasn't completely inept at the whole being a girl thing. But she sighed and joined Claire as she waltzed through the GUM as if she owned the place. Everyone here felt like they owned the place. Ilesha tried not to stare. She was almost certain she saw a certain pop star careening though a pair of double doors into a suit shop.

Ilesha was still taken aback by the whole glitz and glam of the place that she hadn't realized they'd walked into a beauty salon. The buzz of the hair dryers was almost over powering. The women at the counter gave Ilesha one of those, OMG I can't believe you just walked in here looks and started their direction.

Before the woman even said a word Ilesha had her wallet out and was handing the women the cash flow. She may work at a garage, but her bank said otherwise. It helps when your trust came in at 18 and your parents were constantly giving you money to show their affection. Her name mean nothing in Moscow, but in some places in New York it could mean the difference between a booth or a secluded table for two. Her parents were sought after for very different reasons and buttering up the kids was usually one of the ways to get good in their books. Ilesha had never really cared to use her name like a weapon, but maybe she should.

The open draft from her bank account turned the woman's head and her smile brightened as she took Ilesha by the shoulders and guided her to one of the seats. "Devon will be with your shortly. And your friend?"

Ilesha nodded. "I'm paying."
Claire probably didn't need the treatment herself she already looked fabulous, but she wasn't going to sit through this alone - the more the merrier.
Claire would never turn down a hair wash, blow out and style! Not from this salon! That'd be like turning down a diamond necklace because you were wearing a costume pendant!

She squealed with happy delight when her own stylist greeted her. These professionals were some of the best in the world. It might take months or years to become a regular appointment with them if it weren't for this specific salon suited to walk-in's.

When done, Claire's hairstyle was perfectly arranged and a new shade of color was subtly added to her usual golden red strands. Her makeup was sexy and smokey. She felt like a goddess.

"Shall we find some clothes to match our new do's?"
She asked Ilesha when they met up afterward.