This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Paranoia Abounds
The EM weapon that was supposed to be in Dorian's safe was now sitting in front of him. The fucking bastard! Her finger flicked back and forth over the trigger. The last person to touch it had been his friend. And he'd killed her for turning it on him. There might have been a way to save Aria, but when she became enemy number one, Nox had done what he'd promised her. He was afraid of the slender silver tube but the woman in front of him was a piece of shit. And her allies were worse than that. Lower than low. Bastard!

The waitress came back and Nox smiled at her watching Yun take the check. The girl rushed off looking as put off as Nox felt. The bitch here was a piece of work.

Nox took the cup of coffee and sipped at hit while he stared at the woman. She probably had a secondary method of subduing him. He pulled on the power one more time. The anger was amplified by the pain, but it felt better than feeling the sting of betrayal. How could Dorian give this woman a weapon of that kind of power to her? And to use against him. Anger rolled around, the power threatened to consume him but there was a certain amount of calm about Nox once the power came. He enveloped himself in the void of nothingness and wove a thin shield of air around him with tiny transparent yet prismatic ice crystals woven in. He'd done the same thing with glass shards last time he'd had laser pointed at him. Each tiny shard spun in a random direction reflecting light. He was a sparking fucking vampire he thought to himself in the emptiness. It wasn't bullet proof, but maybe it was enough.

"The last person to use that on me is now buried six feet under." Nox stood up grabbing the croissant and the coffee to go. "You can use that on me and everyone else in front of it and find yourself in jail. Or you'll let me walk out the door. Either way I don't care." Nox turned and walked away. He was so done with this woman. And fuck Dorian! The only problem with that was he liked Cruz, Ana and Christian, and he didn't want them dead. But he wasn't going to go about breaking a family apart. But Dorian was going to pay for his treachery.
The girl left in a rush. There were murmured apologizes as she ran into the other server. The boy's fear was veiled behind the coffee he was sipping at. But he was stupider than she thought. He had the audacity to get up and walk out on her. But he had been right about one thing. Yun wasn't willing to use the weapon there. No matter, the sniper outside should get him.

Yun pressed a finger to the hidden unit in her ear. "Take him out."

The boy walked out of the cafe. He walked out of view. Yun expected a scream, they were in the middle of the market. Nothing. "I can't get a shot." came over the comm and Yun dropped more than enough credits on the table for the bill, and walked out of the building and out to find the car and Slav waiting.

Inside she growled over the comm "What is going on?"

The man meant to watch the fool of a boy snapped at her "He's gone now. He's out of range, and out of sight."

Yun smashed her fist into the leather of her seat and yelled "Someone better tell me what the fuck just happened. Why is he not dead?!"