This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Rowan lit the second joint with a quick spell; one tiny flame bursting into existence at the tip of the thing, she puffed the rolled herb into life. Her eyes dragged up to Asha, noting the tears she had scrubbed away. With a cocked eyebrow, Rowan thought to herself, What is wrong with her? She seems so touchy, uneasy, flinching at unseen… Oh, dear Goddess!

“You’re an Empath, aren’t you, Asha? The cards didn’t lie… I knew there was something special about you. They said the same of Tobias,” Rowan didn’t even look in his direction, “and he proved them right as well. Sweet Erzulie, I should have picked up on it before… And yes. I would like that very much; as I’ve said, I wish to come into contact with other… ‘weirdos.’ Even if they do not come to me, I am sure in time our paths will cross eventually… But, yes, my dear, I would be eternally grateful if you passed word along for me. They are always welcome here, of course.”

Taking another long drink of the wine and another puff of the joint, Rowan blew out a few smoke rings. Thoughts of visitors left her mind for the moment, now that she had puzzled out Asha’s secret; the dark haired woman seemed to be that much more interesting to Rowan now. She seemed uneasy at the prospect of others joining Rowan’s little box social, but this Asha couldn’t leave yet… Rowan suddenly felt the urge to befriend this woman.

“I would very much like to know all about these Gods and Monsters, Asha… Not that I wish to confront them all myself, but I always did love a good story. I don’t suppose these Atharim have a grand library we can infiltrate? Or perhaps a database on some hidden server somewhere? I’m sure we’d all be better off if we could lay our hands on those records… Information is no one’s property! It should be shared!” Rowan spoke smoothly and meant every word of it. Oh, she was not going to rush into some secret hideout of some mysterious assassins; but there were other ways to acquire knowledge.

Tobias finally spoke up (calling Rowan a bitch nonetheless,) Rowan looked at the man and pursed her lips, “Ready to rejoin us then, darling?”

This man positively irked Rowan. She had dealt with others that did not like her, this was nothing new… But this… Tobias… He had a way of getting under Rowan’s skin without saying a god damn word. What did she ever do to him to make him revile her so? That’s what it was. He wore it all across his face and it burned at Rowan.

Still.

That was no reason to be a bitch. Rowan rolled her eyes at the thought.

Taking on a polite tone, Rowan asked of him, “I do not discount your words… But… How can they be such a threat to those that touch magic? Aside from sneaking up on us… I am just having a hard time wrapping my mind around this whole thing. Assassins in the night, indeed! You both keep saying that they are dangerous, but what do they do to us? Do they have a way to nullify our magic? Are they martial arts experts? I just don’t get it…”

Mik spoke up again, drawing Rowan’s attention back to what had just transpired with her cards. Rowan let her eyes linger on Mik’s firm bottom as he rose from the couch. Finley chiseled, at least from what she could see. Setting her glass back down and puffing at the joint once more, Rowan was about to open her mouth; but then one of the servers came bounding into the room without knocking.

Rowan spun on the man, fire in her eyes. He gave a quick bow after seeing her reaction.

“Pardon, Mistress, but I believe we have located the… unusual pair. There’s a woman and a man down there… and well… The woman doesn’t seem… right. She might be drugged out, but they’re the only two that acted out of the ordinary,” The young server stammered out.

Rowan’s malice turned to joy. She replied in a sugary sweet voice, “Yes, thank you, Greg. You may take the rest of the night off as a reward.”

Greg, the server, stammered out a thanks and zipped off.

Turning back to the statuesque Mikhail, Rowan smiled at him in a most feline manner, “Mik, darling? Since you so generously volunteered… One of the servers downstairs can point them out to you.” She rose to her feet and gave the man a quick peck on the cheek and a pinch on the rump.

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 10-02-2018, 12:55 AM