This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Mik must’ve been higher than Rowan was, for he forgot that she had her own joint. She held it up to her lips to signal the fact, chuckling softly to herself. The THC was working wonders on her body, letting her melt into the French silk cushions of the couch; thoughts turning from her tongue and instead forming in her mind.

Rowan took one final drag of the thing before it went out, discarding the roach in an antique  porcelain ashtray on the table, swapping the joint for a long, slim cigarette; she lit the thing with her magic, drawing a Veve in the air and a flame springing into existence at the tip of the tobacco filled paper. Rowan puffed out a smoke ring or two before making another swift motion, pulling a remote from the side table and changed the music on the speaker system.

Stevie Nicks’ voice filled the room and Rowan nodded her head to the beat.

‘Just like the white-winged dove, sings a song sounds like she singin’! Who, whoo, whooo.’

A smug smirk crossed Rowan’s lips, “I’ve always found the White Witch’s voice to be very soothing…”

Mikhail conjured up some mystical flames as if it were nothing more than an afterthought. Rowan found herself wondering why anyone would want to deprive the human race of such a gift. She then found herself wondering why more people hadn’t tried to touch the shinning Light that blazed behind her right shoulder. Perhaps they didn’t know how? Rowan learned it from the archetypal spirits of the Voodoo pantheon, but Mik was walking proof that one didn’t need to contact the ‘other side’ to attain the talent. That bugged her. She hadn’t heard the Ascension talk about the Loa either… Could it be taught? Was it just genetics? There were so many questions bubbling at the brim of her brain. She never did ask Mik how he learned to touch the Light…

Later She told herself.

Rowan lowered the volume a smidge and turned her attention back to Asha, “Ma cher, what I want to know is why this cult has it out for us? Mr. Ascension wasn’t too clear on all of that other than the fact that they want us dead. Do they fear this power? I mean, don’t get me wrong, mon Dieu, I can see why they would be scared. This is a huge change for the human race, but it is a God-given gift. This may very well be the next step in human evolution! If everyone on the planet were able to harness the power of the Elements… why… think of what that would mean for us! A new golden age for the species. Think of the wonders we could create if we all came together utilizing this energy… I do believe, with all my heart, that this is the power of God… Is this what she used when she created the Universe?”

Grabbing her drink and taking a deep swig, Rowan went on, “Yes, I suppose that could be scary if such power were in the wrong hands… But the same can be said for any number of technological wonders in the history of man. That is why it is imperative that we form a Tribe of sorts… My brother, Aiden, so loved those old X-men comics and movies; the story feels familiar to all of that. Humans with insane abilities, those in the shadows fearing them and trying to exterminate them…  We’re gonna need all the Gris-Gris we can get if assassins are gonna start poppin’ up… Surely, these ‘Atharim’ do not think that we will develop a God complex, trying to reign over the rest of humanity. The Goddess has given us these gifts to help improve the world, of course, there will be bumps along the way… But with time, we will each master these talents… Why, I think one day we can even use this magic to fuel our technology, doing away with pollution, disease, and perhaps even death. Can we not reason with this cult? I do not want to see any blood spilled over a simple misunderstanding… If only they would just talk with some of us…”

Rowan’s expression darkened, brow furrowing. She did not like others meddling in her affairs. Why… she had been wielding magic for over ten years! She had not gone insane, nor killed countless innocents… Well… There was that one time… But she didn’t know what she was doing then! And Father had been so generous in providing for the families that had been afflicted by that particular… incident… If anything that could be viewed as a positive event. Rowan knew with certainty that at least fifteen people had attained the finest education money could buy because of Father’s intervention, and that would have not happened if Rowan hadn’t accidentally killed all of those people in the hospital.

I still don’t know how I did that… Lord knows I’ve tried to figure it out… It was a freak accident. That’s all it was… An accident, Rowan thought to herself.

Rowan smiled sweetly at her company, sipping her wine, trying to drown out the guilt that was now swelling up in the pit of her stomach. She would use her gifts to benefit humanity. Never again would she use these talents for bloodshed.

Well.

Not unless the person in question deserved it.

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 09-18-2018, 01:36 AM