This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Mik shrugged at Asha's decline. Tobias was game, though, and took a hit before passing it back. Mik had another and then offered to Rowan. The haze wasn't heavy but the room seemed to relax, like all of them were settling back to enjoy the back and forth.

Strangely, despite her refusal, Asha's own eyes appeared to have that tell-tale glassy look too. Rowan's shit was good and strong, but there was not enough floating around the room for a contact high. She seemed more....sedate too, sinking into the cushions.

Mik had to be careful with his intake. He wanted to be coherent. He was a few drinks in and now this. Slurring words was not attractive at all. Nor was talking like moron. He was glad of the power he was holding. Made him more aware of his surroundings. Helped dispel the fog. Well mostly.

He looked at her, considering her offer. She was an odd duck. By that I mean, willing to talk, but only answer in vagueries. Then again, not like she knew them or owed them anything. He didn't expect her to go on about her uncle or her parents. He wouldn't have, situations reversed and alla that, you know?

He nodded. "Alrighty, doll. I gotcha. Dangerous. That's the word I keep hearing. So maybe tell me what you mean by different? Do you mean different like Rowan here says you two are different? Different like Rowan and I are different? All of the above?"

He leaned back and lazily wove a circle of flame the size of his palm in front of him, spinning like a disk, then added another spinning in opposite directions. Touch of earth and air....and there, different colors, pulsing a slow and relaxed heart beat. Easy peasy. "Yeah, don't want some robed sons-of-bitches coming after me just because I can do that," he said mildly. And then a small smile as he winked at her. "You sure don't look like any curse I ever saw. Or any monster, for that matter."

The rhythmic pulsing of the threads was hypnotic. It didn't DO anything. But it did amuse him. He looked at Asha again, just the mild question in his eyes. And the offer. She could be open if she wanted to be.
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Mikhail - 09-14-2018, 09:16 PM