This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Rowan waved a hand, exasperatedly through the air, as Xander went on. She intended to get a reaction out of one of them, if not both. How others deal with shock, pressure, and foreign environments said a lot about who they were as a person. It was not her intention to anger either of them, but Rowan did tend to lay it on a little thick sometimes… especially when she had a never-ending glass of red wine. Taking a deep breath, she softened herself a little.

Poor Asha over there looking like a wilting violet. At the very least, she wanted to make sure she made the only other lady in the room comfortable. Time to lay the honey on, not to mention the things that were now coming out of their mouths. They were starting to talk about serious things; the cards had done their trick… Well, whether or not it was the cards didn’t matter, what mattered now was the information.

With a soft expression and less passion in her voice, Rowan looked to Tobias, “Yes, sweetling, I do talk a lot. And if you’re not going to leave because of my ignorance, well, you better get used to the gabbing,” She chuckled to herself over it all, “Do forgive, by the way, but I stand by my convictions. At least with my kind, the Ascendancy has done us all the favor by outing the Tribe from the proverbial Broom Closet. I understand these fanatics have been hunting my kind… Well, I was brought up a literal witch before I could even truly touch magic. I also grew up on all the old stories of Salem and the Inquisition before that. Forgive me, Tobias, but it has never been safe for my kind; this is not new information. And yes, I do come from money. Which means I happen to know that public persona is everything. If our Tribe becomes sympathetic to the Masses, they would abhor any wrongdoings by these ‘Atharim.’ That takes time, yes, and I may be dead before I see that day; but I intend it to be a reality. So, I will spend whatever time the Goddess has given me on this floating rock to try and make a better future. Take it for arrogance, because, yes, it is that in a way; but someone has to try, otherwise what are you doing with your life?”

Rowan was well out of breath, she downed the rest of her fairly-full glass within two large gulps. With a swift arm, she reached for the bottle, poured another glass and downed half of that one. She slid the crystal glass onto the table and sat back with a smile, “Sorry… I tend to get carried away sometimes… I think I’ve done a fair amount of talking, and you must at least get an idea where my mind is at… So, I will gladly listen to anything and everything either of you have to say,” She looked over to Asha, again feeling a pang of guilt over causing a fuss, and probably not doing anything to help it with her recent monologue, “Asha, dear, I am so sorry. Despite my religion, I never thought I’d actually perform cinema grade magical effects… I’m more amenable than you think. That is if you’re still willing to speak. Please accept my apologies.”

She really did feel bad, but it was hard denying who she was… especially with a belly full of wine. Rowan was used to more light-hearted company, this all would have gone so much differently if she had just felt things out first; the success of the Voodoo ritual head left her heady and sloppy. Not to mention the fact that her little parlor tricks and her buffet usually did the trick to woo her guests, but these two were cut from different bits of cloth. Rowan would try to behave herself, but oh, it was so hard sometimes…

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 09-05-2018, 01:16 AM