This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Xander snorted. "How is the Ascendancy going to protect you and me from monsters that lurk in the night ready to kill us in a heart beat? He's not here. Please tell me you've never heard the stories of the kids who vanish in the middle of the night. The ones with the sickness. Or the ones where they find whole families dead when only one of them had the sickness. Tell me, Ms. Voodoo Priestess, where was he then? Just because your people are out in the public doesn't make you or any of the rest of us safer. They are fucking everywhere. Their home, used to be in that mansion that burnt to the ground. They lived in this very city right under the Ascendancy's nose and he did nothing to stop them. He says they've attacked him before and yet he still hasn't done anything about them. You're hope is sorely misplaced. And all you do with flinging your cards about on wings of air is point a big red target on you and anyone associated with you. Here I am. Come shoot me in the head." This was why he avoided the snakes. Wherever they were death followed.

He growled as he continued to lecture him. "Anyone ever tell you, you talk too much? I never said you were a fake. I said you were showy and arrogant. And if that's you then so be it, but I don't think so. Then again looking at this place maybe that's exactly what you are some rich little girl who has had the world handed to her on a silver platter. Don't care what all this showiness does for anyone else she's trying to help."

Xander would leave if he had come alone, but he'd made a promise and his word was his only binding agreement. Xander took a deep breath and downed the last of his coffee. He needed to get gone soon. He was sorely out of character, showing too much of himself. Tobias was not volatile - that was all Xander. She spoke about things she knew nothing about. There was nothing here worth the grift and Xander didn't need the exposure she was going to set just buy her little display alone. "But don't listen to me. Maybe Asha can scare you with all the death they deal in. She was after all raised by one." It hadn't been hard to connect the dots. Why she looked like them but without the death. Her uncle was one - an Atharim. Xander still didn't know what she was. He sat back and closed his eyes and took a deep breath. These two women were making a mess of him and for two completely different reasons. What the fuck?

Xander rested his hand between himself and Asha palm up, if she need whatever she needed from him she could take it. A few more deep breaths and sat up and smiled. "All I see is death when I look at those snakes. Images of monsters that would scare the fuck out of anyone, and death after death. Their deaths are usually gruesome and horrid and that's all I see in them." He reached for the pot in front of him. Tobias would partake and right now Xander needed to calm the fuck down.
"The greatest friend to a con artist is lack of knowledge." ~ Jane King

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Xander - 08-31-2018, 11:32 AM