This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Tobias was the first to address her; Rowan wasn’t surprised about that. He challenged the idea of the way she lived. Rowan smiled warmly and turned her palms up in the air as if to shrug, “Was it not the Ascendancy that said he would protect all of the Channelers? To ‘come to the CCD’ as he said? I have heard the risks, dear sir, and I shall live with them. New Orleans Voodoo, at least how Marie Laveau saw it, was all about showmanship. She was a free woman of color in her time, did you know that? She did not hide who she was, in a time when her people were regularly enslaved. That brought challenges, Tobias, but they were all well worth it. She is my idol. The time of change is now, Tobias; we are fortunate enough to ride upon her waves through the New Age.”

Rowan scooped the cards up once more and shuffled them about, casting out one card before Tobias.

The Queen of Cups.

“The Queen of Cups can manifest as a person in your life or as a part of your past. She often appears as a mature female. She is often like a mirror, reflecting the hidden depths of others back to them, so they can see their own mysteries for themselves,” Rowan gazed up into Tobias’ eyes and purred out, “Who is this wise woman in your past? She’s obviously made a great impact, dumpling. A witch? A sister of the craft? Yes. I think so. You may act ignorant, child, but you have seen the higher mysteries. There was a witch in your past, an old woman, a wise woman. Deny it if you like, but she is there, plain as day.”

“Colors? Do you read auras, then? A fine gift of the Goddess. Arrogance, yes, but we all sin. Mine are just apparent. I do not deny who I am. Would you rather I cloud my identity with lies and falsehoods?” Rowan asked with all sweetness and sugar. She meant no offense, but facts were facts. She felt a proud lioness in the jungle, let those who would challenge come. The power of the Loa was apparent, and Rowan had supreme access. So long as she called upon them, she would be protected; and so would all of those that sought sanctuary in her café. There was no doubt in Rowan’s mind. Papa Legba, Erzulie, Chango, they would all come to her aid if need be.

Asha finally spoke up, almost sounding defensive over her birthright. “Child, I think you’re foolin’ yourself. It’s already there. Look here,” Rowan smoothly sang as she flicked a tarot card at Asha. It floated over by unseen hands, landing face down in her lap. With a flick of Rowan’s wrist, the card twisted over to reveal it’s other face.

The King of Swords.

Rowan smirked and went on, “The King of Sword’s character indicated the stern leadership of a judge, lawyer, or military commander whose emotions must be kept in check under the pressure of battle. This advisor has a solid reputation and a vast amount of knowledge in his particular field and will provide you with objective, well-researched advice about your own situation. It is impossible to corrupt him and as such he acts as a pillar of strength who gives sound advice to everyone, no matter who they are,” she twisted her wrist again and dragged the card back through the air and to her hand, “Your uncle. He was a just man and responsible for the woman you have become… Hmmm… A matriarchal and patriarchal figure in both your pasts… Seems the two of you have more in common than you thought... Still think I'm faking it, poopsies?”

With a final flick of her left wrist, Rowan brought Tobias’ card back to her deck and shuffled once more. Mik finally snapped out of his thoughts and Rowan listened. She looked to Asha and said, “Yes, if you know of them, it would be beneficial to the Tribe. I am sure most Channelers don’t want to make an enemy of them… The better we can protect… Well… It would be good karma, darling.”

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 08-31-2018, 04:36 AM