This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Mik winked out like a snuffed candle, and though she blinked as the glass floated towards his hand, she didn't seem startled either. She was still trying to piece together a picture from what he said when Rowan spilled the cards on the table. Asha's gaze drew down, curious to watch as they were upturned one by one with a flourish.

When her turn came, she blushed furiously. She told herself the reading was vague enough to slot in whatever meaning she chose to give it, but it didn't stop her mind readily filling in the blanks. Elias. It was the nature of her gift to form fast bonds with people. El stuck around even though he didn't have to; pulled her from a sea of people when she nearly drowned. He'd been irritated that she hadn't told him sooner how he could help. But it wasn't like that. She didn't think Elias would be able to hide it from her. And sometimes she was glad he could not sense her emotions in kind.

Partners in crime. He would probably bristle at that.

Tobias pressed his hand against her knee, sending a flood of reassurance even through the barrier of her jeans. Not that he knew it, though she was surprised he took the chance after her whispered apology. It filled her up like an overspilled cup, and finally brought her a sense of ease in these strange surroundings.

"Just because they haven't yet, doesn't mean they won't," she said to Rowan. It was not a warning as such, but it was offered in earnest. The woman's confidence was infectious, clouded by the arrogance Tobias pointed out, and she wouldn't wish to see it make her vulnerable. "My uncle always told me not to tell others what I was, because I am something they choose to hunt. They aren't all bad people, though. And there are real monsters out there. Things you'd be glad to know they protect us from."

The interest made her feel exposed, but mostly Asha was an open book. She didn't feel special, and -- though she'd never trade it -- her gift was mostly a liability. It was a constant drain, aside from among those who had the power. Her head titled, considering. "You don't channel when you do that."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Ashavari - 08-29-2018, 05:26 PM