This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
Rowan was not wrong about Tobias. Tonight was the first night that she had discovered this… method… of discovering those that were different. She couldn’t really be sure that it was correct, but there was a part of her that was screaming over Tobias and Asha. They were special, maybe not Channelers, but they both had more ‘gifts’ than the average human. Rowan was positive of that.

With a smirk, Rowan went on, “Of course, Tobias. Whatever you say.” She picked the deck up and started shuffling furiously as Mikhail jumped back into the conversation.

“Mik, darling, if you prefer to remain solitary, that is your business, of course. I’d just love it if you stayed, but I cannot force a man to my bidding,” Could she? Rowan filed that bit away for later investigation. Her magic could kill a man, why couldn’t it enslave one to her will? That would be morally reprehensible, of course; but still,, it was a fine mind exercise to puzzle out. She went on, “I am glad that you agree with me, though. No commitment is required here, aside from silence. This room is soundproof and I made it a point to send Gareth away so that we may speak freely. I know that I am nothing more than a stranger to you both, so please, ask me anything so that I may put you at ease. I mean no harm to either of you. Tobias, Asha, you both have my word that no harm will befall you in my café so long as I live and breathe… I don’t think either of you can Channel… No. I would have picked up on that, at least from you Asha. No. There’s something else… Perhaps neither of you know what it is yet…”

Rowan’s hands moved like lightning as she shuffled the cards. Before selecting a few, she went on, “What do we have to fear? I don’t know, my dear. I have heard tales of this… ‘Atharim’, Rowan spit that last word like it was mucus on her tongue, “I have been touching magic since I was 18 years of age and I am now passed 30. I have yet to deal with anyone that has sought to harm me, but this Ascension man has spoken at length about the assassins he has had to deal with. If that is true, then they may go after anyone that is different. Why stop at Channelers? Why? We don’t know that they won’t. So, it is in our best interest to find each other as fast as possible. There is strength in numbers, my dear children, don’t you ever forget that.”

With a click of her tongue, Rowan threw 6 tarot cards out on to the table. Three landed in front of Tobias, and three more in front of Asha. The cards were facedown. With a flick of her wrist, all six cards flipped over by an unseen hand.

Tobias was given Judgement, The Tower, and The Wheel of Fortune. Asha was given The Hanged Man, The Lovers, and The High Priestess.

Turning first to Tobias, Rowan spoke smoothly, “Judgement… Reflection, reckoning, awakening… Awakening? Heh… The Tower… Sudden upheaval, broken pride, disaster… Never a good card. Let us hope that is in your past. Have you just moved here, Tobias? The Wheel of Fortune, Change, cycles, inevitable loss… Change? Again, this reinforces my gut feeling about you two… Do any of these resonate with you?” Rowan had the gift of Prophecy, but that didn’t mean she could decipher all of her readings. Most of the time with the cards it was a gut feeling, something pushing Rowan towards certain interpretations, but she couldn’t be sure without the other person’s acknowledgment or confirmation. She went on with Tobias, “Awakening… Upheaval… Change… Are you sure you have not experienced anything unusual in your life? Save meeting me of course. Perhaps we should go back down to the Séance Room. There are a plethora of divination tools scattered about down there. Why it wouldn’t surprise me if you had the gift of Prophecy yourself. Have you ever tried? You may use my cards if you wish…”

Without waiting for a reply, Rowan turned to the unaware Asha, “Hello, yes, my dear, hello. Are you well?” Again without waiting for a reply, Rowan went on, “The Hanged Man, sacrifice, release, martyrdom… The Lovers, partnership, duality, union… The High Priestess, intuitive, unconscious, inner voice… My dear… You are special… What are you hiding, hm? The High Priestess never lies… And The Lovers? There must be someone very special at home, or you have just met him… or her? Be on the lookout, my dear. It seems that love is in your future, or at the very least a partner in crime… And the Hanged Man? Hmmm…. Sacrifice is never easy… You’re either giving something away or denying yourself of something… again, I ask, what is it? The cards do not lie. You are both very special whether or not either of you have realized it yet.”

Rowan tapped a finger to her lip in consideration, “I do realize all of this must be very invasive. If I have overstepped my bounds, please accept my most humble apologies… I just have this feeling… The two of you are meant for great things, magic or no.”

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 08-29-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM