This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
A knock sounded at the door and Gareth entered silently with a long rolling service cart, a crisp length of white linen fabric covered its contents. The smells of gumbo, beignets, coffee, and other delectable fragrances permeated the air. The cart rolled to a stop in front of the television and Gareth moved to clear away the clutter on the coffee table. Within moments the roses, spellbooks, and candles had been removed. A large tray of beignets, pastries, scones, and other baked goods was placed at the center of the table. A porcelain carafe of steaming coffee was placed next to the tray and four cups with saucers followed it; small plates, cloth napkins, cream, and sugar off to the side.

Gareth poured a cup for both the man and the woman, setting them before the pair. He spoke softly to them both, “Madame, Monsieur? I do have a fully stocked bar on the cart. If you require anything harder please say the word,” he then turned to the rest of the gathering, “Tonight we are serving chicken gumbo over wild rice, crawfish etouffee, fried catfish with hushpuppies, seafood jambalaya, cornbread dressing, candied sweet potatoes, and cauliflower cheese grits.”

With a flourish, Gareth whipped the fabric from the cart. The smells in the room intensified and a barrage of steam lifted from the glistening dishes. Mountains of food rose from porcelain plates that crowded the entire surface of the cart. “Please let me know if anyone would like anything from the buffet.”

“Thank you very much, Gareth,” Rowan purred. The servant handed her a new glass of red wine and lit the joint at her lips. “That will be all, Gareth.” He left the room just as silently as he came in, closing the door behind him.

Rowan took a deep pull and went on after Mikhail introduced himself, “And I am Rowan Finnegan. Proprietess of this establishment. Welcome. I couldn’t help but notice that the two of you are different. So are we. I feel… something from you.” She pointed to the man across from her. “I get the sense you can see into the future as well… and tell things about people… Correct me if I’m wrong? I share that talent, although it’s not always the easiest gift to use…”

Rooting around under the table again, Rowan procured a set of tarot cards from beneath. She lay them out on the table, “If anyone is interested? I do give free readings to my guests.” She turned to the woman, “I can’t put a finger on you, my dear. But I know you’ve got your own gifts. Think of this place as a safe house for those that are different. A meeting grounds if you will… The world is changing and so is the human race. Why not come together and experience it together? There is so much we can all learn from each other.”

Rowan gave them all a deep, warm smile. She did not forget what Mik had been saying before the others had come in. But now was not the time, not yet at least. She wanted to find out more about them all. She’d ask after the other names and places later…

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 08-25-2018, 03:13 AM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM