This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
She wants to know what we are. A few people had blanked out since Asha had been sitting here, but these days -- in Moscow anyway -- it was not such an unusual occurrence, and she was used to the oddity of it now. She'd barely paid it mind. But that he knew stoked another little flare of camaraderie.  

She considered his hand.

The warmth of his smile charmed her. His promise made the burn of her curiosity seem a safer prospect -- and she was curious. Rumours flooded at the nature of the proprietress; they said she read futures in the cards, and maybe Asha might glean some clues for Elias's quest. She planned to go with him, so their futures had to be in some way entwined? And if Rowan found nothing, perhaps she could bring El here...

The indecision played out freely on her expression before she grabbed her bag and waved for the departing waitress's attention. "I'm supposed to be meeting someone here. If they come, will someone come to get me? I'm only going upstairs. My name is Asha."

At the woman's nod and sly grin, she eased out of her chair and slung the bag over her head. Her sleeves still fluttered low, protecting her bare skin. It was only a hand, but she looked at it shyly, a last moment's doubt breathing a moment of hesitation. Tobias wasn't stoic like El, who was like a lighthouse in a storm, but he had easy sense of himself, and a confidence she allowed to seep into her as she took his hand. If nothing else his touch quieted the buzz of everything else. Her gift slipped under his skin, though she tried not to pry too deeply as he led them upstairs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Ashavari - 08-23-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM