This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
  “Suit yourself, brother,” Rowan called after the man. She plucked a business card from inside her bodice and sent it up into the air with the cards. The paper danced among the magical wind before arcing overhead and zipping down into the stranger’s pocket. Rowan blew the man a kiss before returning to Mikhail.

She drew him into another dance, grabbing him and spinning around and around. They made their way around the entire circle, spinning faster and faster, Rowan’s hair flailing about as if the Loa were making her long golden tresses dance along with them. She felt that familiar glow, that savory energy spill into her. Rowan let out a cackle of a laugh; it wasn’t on purpose, but she found it served her purposes during these ceremonies. With Voodoo, the spectacle was everything for the non-believer.

Everywhere Rowan’s feet touched, flowers, moss, and other things of the earth sprung up, pushing their way through the cement, fissures, and cracks giving way to the bounties of the planet. Rowan brought their dance back to the center, and without warning, they stopped abruptly. Rowan gave Mik another peck on the cheek before pulling away and turning to look at the crowd.

“As citizens of the CCD, I am sure you have all heard the Ascendancy talk at length about magic and Channelers! I do not know much about that. I am an immigrant from New Orleans, USA. I have come to your beautiful country in search of my brother. His name is Aiden Finnegan, a superstar from across the pond. I am sure some of you have heard of him,” She brought her arms up into the air and felt the wind pick up once more, scattering flower petals everywhere. A rain of pinks, reds, blues, and yellows fell on the crowd; it looked as if mother earth had showered them with her own special brand of confetti.

The crowd ate it up and Rowan waited for them to quiet again before going on, “I have opened a new café just a few blocks from here. It is called ‘The Bottom of the Cup,’ we serve all sorts of baked goods and teas. If you come to my shop, you will find fortune tellers, live bands, and so much more. If any of you here tonight have any information on the whereabouts of my brother; or even if you wish to learn the sacred arts of Voodoo, our door is always open. I will turn away no one,” She looked to the sky and then to the ground, “As above, so below! The circle is open but never broken!” The wind gave one final rush… and then it was over. That last bit wasn’t from Voodoo, but from the Wiccan religion; still, it served Rowan just fine.

The crowd stood around for a few moments more before they started to dissipate. Rowan grabbed her cards, paid the band, and then approached Mikhail, “What are you up to tonight, handsome? I am sure we have plenty to chat about.”

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 08-15-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM