This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
So that night at the bar was all kinds of excitement even if dollface had disappeared. Eh. Who cared. Sure he'd hoped to get into her pants. After all, she'd stalked in front of him flaunting her assets, after all. Perfectly round enough to bite into. And she was kinda crazy hot. Well, no kinda. All kinds of hot. The kind that would rip your throat out as soon as kiss it. Crazy hot indeed.

And fuck but it would be fun either way.

Still, ending up fighting against Kolos with Scarface- and saving Yakuza to boot? Come on. Lady chaos was always up for something. You just had to trust her. Course, like dollface, fate would just as soon throw you to the wolves and see if you survived. Just for fun, after all. She played her games too.

Well, Mik survived. No one knew. No one suspected. So many cracks to exploit. Things to learn. People to interact with. Maybe help out, like he had with Kat and Daniel. Seeds, you know? He was always planting seeds. Playing a role. The goof. The good hearted sap. The informant. The son of a former somebody in Moscow's underground. The player. The scoundrel. The thief. He didn't care. A million masks. All fun. 

No one knew his true game. Only lady fortune. And for now, at least, she favored him. Haha! Fortune's favorite! I like that. The cracks were everywhere.

Like tonight. He was feeling frisky and all.The fight had been good. The power burning away those Kolos was a rush, almost as good as zext. Never as good as Ambrosia, sadly. That died with Vlad, the asshole. He'd heard chatter that Mordvinov had a lead on someone who could duplicate it, but that didn't pan out. Too bad too.

Anyway, where was he? Oh yeah, tonight. Yeah, he was feeling playful. Heard about some ritual coming to town. Now he didn't normally care for such things. But Voodoo was so strange sounding. Chaotic, at least when compared to all the bullshit that went on in the churches he was familiar with.

Almost like it sang him a little lullaby all sweet and all. 

Come on, little Mik, 
I've got a show for you. 
Come on, little prick, 
come see what I can do.

He laughed at his wittiness. Damn, I should be writin books and shit. He laughed at his stupidity.

So ANYWAY (for like the third time- damn, man, keep your mind focused!) so there is this thing and he decides he's gonna go check it out. Ok? Ok. At least the girl in the flier looked hot.

The crowd was pretty impressive. He got himself near the front. He wanted to see this. And there was a band, of all things. Maybe this was like those rock churches, all cool music and stuff, to try to appeal to the kids. But no. The music was....different. Insistent. He felt the beat of the drums.

And the woman in front began to dance and he didn't take his eyes off her. Yeah, hot. But that wasn't it. He...nope. He couldn't figure it out. Well there was a cigar. And rum. I mean who didn't like rum, right? Cepting, she was spitting it out, dancing around like a wild person, speaking all kinds of words he couldn't understand.

Most of all, though, was the unexplained lighting of candles in various colors. And then the wind and the hint of voices. Somehow, that snapped him out of the trance. At least this much. He got it. Hahahaha, yeah he did.

He looked up at the sky and smiled, winking, as he slipped the lighter into his hand. Power flooded through him and he channeled, the flames dancing on the candles growing higher and higher, shifting in color. It wasn't too hard. Fire was what he did. An idea occurred to him and he kept himself from grinning.

The flames began to dance in rhythm to the drums.

Ok. Maybe he did smile. 

Ok. Maybe he even laughed a bit. 

More than a bit? I mean come on! How is that not funny?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Mikhail - 08-11-2018, 03:49 AM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM