This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Charms
And what did it mean to be African with African loyalties? To work in the best interest of fellow Africans? That sounded good, but when you were the whimpy kid in school, the best strategy was to buddy up with the most bad ass kid on the block. Do his homework in exchange for protection and both kids win.

Africa needed friends and they sure as hell didn't want to attract attention from the wrong places. One brawny kid can't do much but duck and cover if a street war breaks out around them. "If the CCD ever decides African rather than South American conquests would make a better field to undermine the USA, you'll quickly realize your precious Africa will be the only one to really lose."

"But the Chinese are the brawny kid that forgotten all about their deal with the whimpy kid now that shit's hit the fan. While they have the deeper pockets, in the end its in their best financial interest to align with whomever is going to win the country rather than continue to bankroll security for their own operations. They may be the Custody's and USA's competition, but the country is not so swollen with cash as their media lets on. It costs a lot of money to take the high road."

Jacques understood why the Chinese investment in the region's stability was important to his sappy little cause, but Reed had yet to convince him why he needed her support as well. "My job is to get this ass-backward country up and running again, and to do that, we need to get your pretty little round ass in power. Maybe not full on wikipedia-cited power, but power none the less.

"Those asshole Generals need the rug pulled out from under them, and if I do it, you'll be ready to step into the void. If I don't do it, somebody else will, and that somebody will most likely be a puppet answering to Custody strings, and the Custody would rather blow this place into the sea or watch civil war rip it to shreds than let the Americans or Chinese gain any capital advantage. You don't want their agents to be the first kids on the block, you want me to beat them to it. Luckily, I'm already here."

She fully expected him to agree. "And for me to do my job, I need inside that embassy. Get what I'm saying, princess?"
Aliases
CCD spy and all around badass

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-19-2014, 02:35 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-28-2014, 07:40 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-28-2014, 08:38 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-29-2014, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-29-2014, 08:28 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-30-2014, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-31-2014, 05:19 PM