This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Charms
Allan Quartermain was the main character in a novel from the 1800's. That was the extent of Reed's knowledge on the subject. Other than he was often confused with superhero type characters.

Reed entertained Jacques' comment with a wry smirk. Was he calling himself a legend? He was an arrogant son of a bitch. Probably was.

Reed liked him for it.

But dammit he lived in an utopian world. Perhaps it was good that some people clung to idealisms. They were always easier to predict. And accurately guessing her objectives' moves always made her job easier. The dark continent could use a little bit of Jacques Danjou's bullshit. Reed could care less, but maybe if the place was a little less chaotic, she'd not be sent here in the future.

After he went on about Quartermain, he turned to quotes from the Great military heroes of history or some such nonsense that belonged on a bumper sticker rather than a conversation between killers.

She rolled her eyes after he finished enjoying the sound of his own voice. "You're such a nerd, Danjou."
She met his smile with a harsh smirk of her own. "So what are you doing up here besides strutting around and flexing your arms? I get it, you've pissed all over the place, this is your house and I'm a visitor. But I do have some business with your neighbors that needs dealing. I'm guessing you have similar business. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone?"

She waved him on down to sit by her. "Let's talk."
She was getting a great gauge of his character and no matter how awake he seemed, he had to be growing duller by the minute, and he was likely to slip and give her more insights than she'd ever have the chance to see again. At least it might take a good deal of work to get him to lower his guard again. And if he trusted her? All the better.
Aliases
CCD spy and all around badass

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-19-2014, 02:35 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-28-2014, 07:40 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-28-2014, 08:38 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-29-2014, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-29-2014, 08:28 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 07-30-2014, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ninacska - 07-31-2014, 05:19 PM