This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Understandings
Her retort snapped like a snake striking at his boot. But Jay wasn't wounded. In fact, he had the urge to egg her on. In good fun of course. And to see her squirm a little, maybe? She was hella unflappable. And Jay had the sense that no matter what he did, it'd be impossible to wound someone with dragonskin for armor.

"Damn right I'm keeping score."
His response spilled from his lips before he could filter himself. Carp had a way where everything he said seemed like he was flirting. He couldn't help it. But self-awareness over this talent came in handy. Particularly when it came to dealing with prickly women. Mrs. Olane, tenth grade geometry, I'm talking to you.

While they stood there, he shifted his weight to the good leg. His other resisted bending at the knee. The thin, honeycomb white cast over the other kept it in place. At least it fit under his pants, for the most part. They were ripped open at the ankle for wiggle room. He'd normally wear them fitted into his combat boots.

"I came up here to tell you I'm not sure if this whole liaison thing means I'm a glorified bodyguard or something else, but I'll do my damndest to be the best liaison the red cross has ever seen."

He planted hands on his hips like a brick wall she could probably topple with the brush of a finger. Or the flutter of eyelashes. Looking into them felt like he was laying in the hay staring up into a cloudless bright sky.

And he completely forgot about the real reason for confronting her. Mr. Wizard was the last thing on his mind, now.
Only darkness shows you the light.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacques - 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 08-23-2014, 12:28 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 08-23-2014, 11:08 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 08-25-2014, 04:16 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 08-27-2014, 06:36 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 08-31-2014, 02:39 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 09-06-2014, 07:25 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-07-2014, 06:09 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-09-2014, 07:54 PM